• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan pilot a terrorist!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So is he the actual person on the list or is it just someone that shares his name?

Since he is the one taking the government to court to get his name off the list, then HE needs to prove his case. He isn't being charged with anything, like you said, HE is charging the government with something and now the burden of proof is for him to prove that he was wrongfully put on the list. The only way to do that would be to prove why he isn't a terrorist. This time the government is "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY".

I hope you take some time and think through what you just said.

Now, what you just said IS accurate in the sense that that is exactly what he needs to do under the current system. But consider whether this makes any rational sense.

It is utterly impossible to prove oneself innocent when you are not actually being accused of anything. In this case the government has targeted him for detention and harassment by placing his name on a "secret" list for "secret" reasons. Depriving him of several of his basic rights without actually accusing him of ANYTHING.

In theory he could be on this list because of his wife. Or because of something he did. Or because his name is similar to someone else's. Or because he pissed of a TSA agent once. Who knows? It's secret! Even the fact that he's ON the list is secret.

Now, it's his job to prove himself innocent of... something! or, everything?

Good luck to him!

Recently a mid level TSA employee who worked in their mothership decided to make some positive changes to aviation security. In his quest he decided that the best way to get things done was to quite TSA and go work for ALPA.

Reason #568 to vote ALPA at Colgan. They have security experts on staff who know how to navigate the stupidity of the TSA.

Some of the responses in support of DHS on this thread are just reprehensible. Thomas Jefferson would be ashamed of the country that he helped create.

I hope you take some time and think through what you just said.

Now, what you just said IS accurate in the sense that that is exactly what he needs to do under the current system. But consider whether this makes any rational sense.

It is utterly impossible to prove oneself innocent when you are not actually being accused of anything. In this case the government has targeted him for detention and harassment by placing his name on a "secret" list for "secret" reasons. Depriving him of several of his basic rights without actually accusing him of ANYTHING.

In theory he could be on this list because of his wife. Or because of something he did. Or because his name is similar to someone else's. Or because he pissed of a TSA agent once. Who knows? It's secret! Even the fact that he's ON the list is secret.

Now, it's his job to prove himself innocent of... something! or, everything?

Good luck to him!

I know it is crazy to think about, but how does a felon who does the time, get out of jail and have to prove that he should have his civil rights back? Can he stand in front of a panel and say, I'll never sell crack again? How do you convince a panel that you are no longer a threat?

This guys is in a similar boat and although it sounds tough, he could take some reasonable steps to help his case through. Especially if in front of a jury, he could come out looking squeeky clean. I would recommend that he shaved his beard and maybe let his wife go on a vacation until the trial is over.

BTW, what can a court do for him if he is found innocent? Can they force the DHS or the FBI to take him off the list? It will be a really interesting trial to look into as it unfolds.

I know it is crazy to think about, but how does a felon who does the time, get out of jail and have to prove that he should have his civil rights back? Can he stand in front of a panel and say, I'll never sell crack again? How do you convince a panel that you are no longer a threat?

This guys is in a similar boat and although it sounds tough, he could take some reasonable steps to help his case through. Especially if in front of a jury, he could come out looking squeeky clean. I would recommend that he shaved his beard and maybe let his wife go on a vacation until the trial is over.

BTW, what can a court do for him if he is found innocent? Can they force the DHS or the FBI to take him off the list? It will be a really interesting trial to look into as it unfolds.

No kidding he wouldn't interview at an airline like that. So why goto court trying to get your job back looking like that.

Some of the responses in support of DHS on this thread are just reprehensible. Thomas Jefferson would be ashamed of the country that he helped create.
Would Jefferson be ashamed of the Union mentality in this country as well? No concessions? Break it down and the Union mentality is very far removed from individual rights of life, liberty and the persuit of happiness.

Wait, I know, things have changed and necessary steps have been taken to keep our rights in place. Unions help keep buisnesses from taking advantage of us in a world that has changed alot from Jefferson's time.

This thread is on a cliff of a very deep discussion into individual rights vs. federal protection of our country.

Althought I don't like the expression, but this case....IS WHAT IT IS. Sorry that he has to go thru the trial, a job loss, and don't forget that he wakes up next to that woman EVERY DAY!! Would you be grinning like that? I don't think so!!!!

Last edited:
The right to peaceably assemble is the part of the constitution that gives us the right to organize our unions to defend ourselves. Since Jefferson believed large corporations were dangerous and he viewed individual citizens farmers as being the gold standard of morality, I think he'd be quite proud of a country that has protected the rights of the "little guy." Unfortunately, those protections have been disappearing under this corrupt administration and several of the previous ones in the last century.

Latest resources

Back