Colgan PFT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To "Mung",

Most of the pilots on this board that have real experience, in all types of weather, in all types of equipment, and all over the world, don't feel the need to come here and brag about it.

What does that tell you???

I think this is just one of those we can chalk up as a guy that kept getting shot down at various interviews, decided to just buy a job or work the first year for free, (however you want to look at it) and has some serious jet envy.
Thanks again for validating your stupidity...... "100% comp and on time in May"........ Do you really think that airlines suffer delays and completion factor problems because of auto pilot use? And I thought it was flow control and ground stops. I was way off. There are few places with more beautiful weather than the New England states in the late spring.
I'll give Dave a call and see if "U" can get you boys at Colgan some medals. :p

PFT

OK, for all to know, I didnt PFT and I have been with Colgan for over two years, went through the furlough, came back and continued. Im sick of people slamming this company, we are small, and we get no respect from anyone.
There are close to 200 pilots at this company who put up with all the crap and all you guys do is slam us on this board too. Sure we have guys who feel stuck here but many of us are happy to have jobs and glad to be FLYING for a living as miniscule as the living is. There is no point in getting all worked up about it.
My comments to trainerjet were to get the response he posted, as for a real job, get out of your 73 and come fly with me when all your buddies are grounded due to 4 inches of snow. We are the first in and last out every time and I am **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** proud of that, maybe you have forgotten what flying is all about because you are too wrapped up in your AIRLINE career.
Lance, I got the first airline job I applied for. I took Colgan to get back to the northeast. As for the dalays I made that point to say that I may be flying a 1900 but I still get the job done.

Hey Mung:
As a former doggie driver doing the ass-blaster thing, I could shoot the approach you described, in a Baron with no Autopilot, no HSI, noone to callout altitudes/speeds and talk on the radio for me. And I could do it while YOU were holding waiting for the reports of "severe" icing to go away. :D

Now that I'm flying my ass-blaster I still love to fly. On my legs "George" doesn't ever touch the airplane below 18000, and my skills aren't degrading by letting him fly the airplane straight and level in cruise. Most of the Captains I fly with are the same way. So don't knock the skizzills, my dizzle. I think the flying you do is probably a blast, but I LIKE having Apoo to keep my cool during the summer. I also like getting paid my 1.35 an hour to checkout your airplane. I'll be happy to help cross seatbelts, I do it for our F/As all the time. (But my company will let me drink the coke she brings me in return.) Peace

I also like getting paid my 1.35 an hour to checkout your airplane. I'll be happy to help cross seatbelts, I do it for our F/As all the time.

No.....that was from my thread! Give me credit! Not him.

Re: PFT

Mungusaurus said:
and we get no respect from anyone.

Mung,

You'll get respect when you earn it. Read my previous post. When you understand what I'm saying, then you might be on your way to getting some of that respect you seem to so desperately crave. However, from what I have seen based on your posts here, you are a long way from that.

(But my company will let me drink the coke she brings me in return.)

Yea, you got us there.. .BUT, a great thanks to all the Colgan Saab crews that bring us dehydrated Beech crews water in LGA!!! It's greatly appreciated!

Thanks you

I think he's right everyone--I'd much rather be stuck in a 1900, standing by the stairs and crawling up and down the isle due to a lack of FA onboard than parked at a jetbridge in my shiny "ass blaster" Sign me up.

I get a kick out of watching you 1900 guys as you look at RJs......are you honestly tellign me that given the choice, you would stay in a BE-1900 instead of transitioning over to a CRJ or ERJ. If thats what you are saying you are in the minority...ask your fellow 1900 buddies, and I think you might get surprised. Everyone knows that the best bird in the sky is the one you fly at the time. You like the 1900 and thats fine, but don't slander your fellow pilots driving jets.

I get a kick out of watching you 1900 guys as you look at RJs......are you honestly tellign me that given the choice, you would stay in a BE-1900 instead of transitioning over to a CRJ or ERJ.

And I get a kick out of having you folks that have never flown a 1900 or any other turboprop fly with us and watch some of the fun things we can do. I've heard countless numbers of time "Wow, this looks like a blast to fly."

Would I turn down an RJ transition.. Of course not. Career progression is a good thing. But don't think we are all looking at you with airplane envy. We are not!

I get a kick out of watching you RJ guys as you look at Boeings......are you honestly tellign me that given the choice, you would stay in an RJ instead of transitioning over to a 737 or 757. If thats what you are saying you are in the minority...ask your fellow RJ buddies, and I think you might get surprised. Everyone knows that the best bird in the sky is the one you fly at the time. You like the RJ and thats fine, but don't slander your fellow pilots driving jets.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. Need I say more? Actually that sounds like a pretty good anti-RJDC line.

Raven, your career progression baffles me. Every bird in the Boeing barn within 5000 hours and now you're a Saab FO?

Latest resources

Back