Colgan PFT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
phantom122 said:
Hehehe. Take a day off. Well I'm taking tomorrow off. Now if only millions of other pilots would too, it would be an interesting day!

But really, you see my point? (Ridiculous as it may be)

Phantom, We will stand together in solidarity. I'm going fishing tomorrow. :cool:

And then there were three -- I'm gonna play golf tomorrow.:D

Hypocrite

Mungusaurus said:
I would rather have 1900 time in my logbook than sitting on my hands in an autopilot equipped ass-blaster for five or six years.

Well, then, if you would rather fly a 1900 than an 'ass-blaster', why would you ever be intersted in going to a place like jet blue, air tran, alaskan [sic], spirit, polar, etc.? They fly only fly 'ass-blasters'.

Make up your mind.

-Boo!

Last edited:
ASS- BLASTERS.

Boo- Ass blasters are the RJ's, you know the creatures from Tremors 3 with the jet at the back. What I am saying is that there are guys out there with piston time who went and got their first regional job flying an RJ and have lost the ability to actually fly. They do so little hands on flying their flying skills disappear very quickly if they ever had any real flying skill in the first place.
How many of these guys could fly an ils to 100' and a half mile in blowing snow on a runway covered in six inches of snow at night, without using an autopilot!!!!!!
Hey I know there are plenty of you out there who can fly the s##t out of an airplane but you are in the minority I am afraid to say.
As for me flying jets, when that happens I will be able to afford my own airplane so i CAN KEEP MY HAND IN AWAY FROM DRIVING THE FLYING GREYHOUND!

Re: ASS- BLASTERS.

Mungusaurus said:

How many of these guys could fly an ils to 100' and a half mile in blowing snow on a runway covered in six inches of snow at night, without using an autopilot!!!!!!

That would be illegal at most companies. I can't think of any legitimate 121 company that allows operations into runways "covered in six inches of snow".

If you are going to blow your own horn, do so with some legitimate examples instead of this overblown attempt at machismo. :rolleyes:

I can... I can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be illegal at most companies. I can't think of any legitimate 121 company that allows operations into runways "covered in six inches of snow".

Why would that be illegal? As long as BA is not nill, there is nothing illegal about it.

I love to see a "1900 PFT Hero" get backed into a corner about how little he gets paid and how his time isn't worth anything at most majors. I just sit back because here it comes........ I can fly this big baron lower than you can, in a storm, with the wind, and the snow, and the enigne out, and the......, and the......., and the........,
Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!! I love it! :p

Legitimate 121 Companies

Trainer--- if you read your regs as it seems my esteemed colleague chper has done, you would find that six inches of snow dosnt mean a thing as long as BA is greater than nil, oh and by the way im so sorry that you cant fly onto a 5000' runway in the snow in your shiny ass-blaster, tallentless....... I THINK SO!
Also if you flew up in the northern northeast other than BGR, PWM, BOS, you would know that there are guys out there doing this every F-in day during the winter, so keep your jetways and your noisy APU and your flight attendant and the next time you see a 1900 pull next to you get down on your knees and pay homage to the guys that get it done EVERY DAY THEY FLY.
BIG BARON!!!!!!! Thanks very much, barons dont need EFIS tubes to make them fly either or autopilots and they certainly aint no ass-blaster, I have some time in a baron and thoroughly enjoyed flying it.
Thanx for grovelling, Mungus.(100% completion and on time, MAY 2003.)

Re: Legitimate 121 Companies

Mungusaurus said:
Trainer--- if you read your regs as it seems my esteemed colleague chper has done, you would find that six inches of snow dosnt mean a thing as long as BA is greater than nil, oh and by the way im so sorry that you cant fly onto a 5000' runway in the snow in your shiny ass-blaster, tallentless....... I THINK SO!

My FOM limits us to 4" dry snow, smart a$$. Maybe one day you'll get a real job and know what the f*ck I'm talking about. Until then, you'll do us all a favor by keeping your pie hole shut.

Since I've flown my entire career in AK, where 5000 feet of runway is a LUXURY, I'll chalk the "talentless" comment up to stupidity, since you seem to have cornered the market on that.

Latest resources

Back