• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan or Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Must be easy to speculate about something you no nothing about. You must be one of those guys that has never made a mistake. Doesn't matter who you work for. The second you talk about someone else, be prepared to make a similar mistake, though I hope it doesn't. HOW DARE YOU. You didn't know them. Don't tramp on the memory of those who've been lost. FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO PICK ON BESIDES THAT! You make me sick.

pinnacle requires 3000 tt.....if im wrong correct me but 1000 hours per year is the quota from what i hear.

BSkin said:
Maybe not officially PFT, as I don't think the checks were written to Colgan, but there were quite a few people hired in a short period ( in '02 or '03) that were right out of the same flight school in FL -- $25,000 for 250 multi kind of thing.

Yes but you have to draw the line somewhere. Hell I paid for my own PPL, Comm, Inst, Multi, CFII. Does that make me a PFT?

At the same time there were others who were hired off the street right alongside of them.

CJCCapt said:
Currently upgrading SAAB FO's from about senority #140 through #183. Numbers in the 180's are March and April '05 hires. Therefore, currently, Saab upgrade could be as short as 15 - 16 months, if you meet insurance mins and meet some internal requirements.

Beech upgrade under one year...if you meet insurance mins. We may, repeat, may be forced to hire some Beech street captains in the near future.

what are the internal mins?

ReportCanoa said:
1. See above post why low timers shouldn't upgrade quickly

2. Company minima are normally higher than 1500 TT. More like 3000 at some places.

ReportCanoa you must be a tool... do you think a short one page report can sum up everything that happened on that flight. Have you ever done the Rockland Augusta run. Do you know how much runway was left when the Captain made the decision to go? No you don't because you weren't there.

I happen to know the pilot this report is referring to and I can assure you he is a top notch pilot. He made a split second decision with a problem that no one is trained to deal with. If you ask me he did one hell of a job. He evaluated the problem... had a flyable airplane and then put it down safely at an airport that was just as close as flying back around in the pattern. Job well done!!!

If you would read your own article you would realize this was a Beech problem not a Colgan problem so grow up and stop trying to arm chair quarterback for the real pilots of the world.

To each is own. Who care what you think of Colgan. Everyone hates every other airline anyhow. The opinions on this board are just a small reflection of the industry. NWA, PINNACLE, PDT on and on and on....whatever. If you are looking for a job pick the company that is right for you. If you are in a company and unhappy, leave. If you are sick of flying go do something else.
QOL if based on how you look at life and what you value to be important to YOU, no us. Home every night, is great. No commuting. But hey you might like to travel around the US and get paid for it. So to each is own.
This thread is like saying back in college "my frat is better than your frat." How sad....

Prop2Jet said:
QOL if based on how you look at life and what you value to be important to YOU, not us....

Great line!

Latest resources

Back