Colgan or Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
honeycomb said:
BTW, to all you rocket science majors...which one is NOT Pay For Training?

Right....as the crickets continue to churp.....

I would use your time to investigate a way to fly without paying for the right to sit in their shinny little machine.

And, then get hired by someone who will value your experience.

Think it over. It will be a moment you will never be able to live down. And, you will be asked in the future. Trust me.

I ask...and I keep a list.

Hey honeypot, methinks you should do a little investigating yourself. Colgan is not PFT and i'm pretty sure Pinnacle isn't either. Whassa matter? Did your true personality show through when you interviewed at both places?

As for your list, you can wipe your arse with it.

Unless things have changed they were when I was flying the regionals. I know for a fact up to 05/2004 Pinnacle was pay for training with less than 1500 hours tt and 500 or 1000 multi.

I could be operating on old info. If so I can take the abuse for being wrong. I have been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. I am sure of that.

Thanks I'll check into it.

You may be right. That is why I ask if you paid for training. Trust but verify.

Mr Wu said:
As for your list, you can wipe your arse with it.

That is only because you could be on it. I have a list it is the only weapon I have in this fight. And, you are way to young to know anything about scabs. Or maybe you arse one.

JetU actually has something set up with PCL now. Cool thing about PCL is you have to be on the list to fly the planes, so these JetU guys are paying for a number (ahead of you after having CFI'd for a year ;))

everyone bitches about colgan's pay. yes it's bad, everyones is. However, you'l upgrade in 18 months. Also, with the pay, keep in mind they're flying around 30 pax and not 90 like other regionals are on comparable wages.

You have your whole career to fly shiny jets! Fly teh Tprops while they're still around!

honeycomb said:
And, then get hired by someone who will value your experience.

Think it over. It will be a moment you will never be able to live down. And, you will be asked in the future. Trust me.

And what company is that exactly? There isn't such a job anymore where you are an important part of the equation.

You will be asked what? We keep loosing guys to SWA,FDX,CAL,JB by the truck loads.
The only thing they are getting asked is When can you start?

honeycomb said:
Unless things have changed they were when I was flying the regionals. I know for a fact up to 05/2004 Pinnacle was pay for training with less than 1500 hours tt and 500 or 1000 multi.

I could be operating on old info. If so I can take the abuse for being wrong. I have been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. I am sure of that.

Thanks I'll check into it.

You may be right. That is why I ask if you paid for training. Trust but verify.

Pinnacle has not charged for training in quite some time. They currently pay a stipend and provide lodging to new hires while they are in training. You may also be surprised that the training department (at least in content) is not so bad any more either.

I was refering to PFT....I think I might have some bad intel on colgan as far as this goes....I ask....I know that other ask too.

As for the Fly the B-1900...if you can upgrade in 18 months then do it. But, remember you have to meet ATP mins and the company mins (to which for colgan I have no idea what they are).

PIC part 121 is golden no matter if it is jet or prop. It counts toward those magic numbers at SWA and FedEx and so on.

DoinTime said:
Pinnacle has not charged for training in quite some time. They currently pay a stipend and provide lodging to new hires while they are in training. You may also be surprised that the training department (at least in content) is not so bad any more either.

That is great news...are they paid or still not employees until check ride?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back