Colgan or Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
honeycomb said:
I was refering to PFT....I think I might have some bad intel on colgan as far as this goes....I ask....I know that other ask too.

As for the Fly the B-1900...if you can upgrade in 18 months then do it. But, remember you have to meet ATP mins and the company mins (to which for colgan I have no idea what they are).

PIC part 121 is golden no matter if it is jet or prop. It counts toward those magic numbers at SWA and FedEx and so on.

This is the fastest backpedal I have ever seen on this site.

Junior when you grow up please let me know.

The rest of us adults and professionals understand that your limited experience and intellengence is working hard but put the crack pipe away...that would be a good start.

I am stating universal facts about 121 PIC smartguy. And, just because they upgrade in 18 months does not mean you'll qualify.

And, yes I interview for a corporate department. I ask smartguy. I don't hire pft's period. If you lie I'll fire you on the spot.

I might have had bad intel about colgan. I am an adult I admit my mistakes.

Send your app into Sky West or Eagle or the places you actualy want to work at first. If you get shot down then look into the battered pilot shelters. What about Commutair?

honeycomb said:
Unless things have changed they were when I was flying the regionals. I know for a fact up to 05/2004 Pinnacle was pay for training with less than 1500 hours tt and 500 or 1000 multi.

I could be operating on old info. If so I can take the abuse for being wrong. I have been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. I am sure of that.

Thanks I'll check into it.

You may be right. That is why I ask if you paid for training. Trust but verify.

Colgan has NEVER been PFT.

honeycomb said:
That is only because you could be on it. I have a list it is the only weapon I have in this fight. And, you are way to young to know anything about scabs. Or maybe you arse one.

Colgan pilots have never:

1. Flown struck routes
2. Crossed a picket line.

Sorry, no scabs. Move along.

Pinnacle is nearly three times the size of Colgan with 139 CRJs in the fleet. However, Colgan is better diversified operating as US Air Express, United Express, and Continental Connection. Pinnacle may be in for trouble ahead as NWA has already removed 15 CRJs from their fleet in the wake of its chapter 11 filing with more anticipated. Colgan pays you in training (don't know about Pinnacle but I heard NO) and FO pay is 21/hr just like most of the other regionals but up grade times are a year to 14 months with captain pay after one year with the company is 41/hr (no union, could be bad could be good). You could go fly a jet and be an FO for 5 years or you could be captain in a little over a year depending on your total time. Turbine PIC is all you need. Besides, everyone goes 250kt below 10,000. I would go with Colgan for the PIC turbine unless you want to make a career at the regionals. Everyone "hates" on turbo props...but it could get you hired with a major quicker if you can survive the quick upgrade. Just my humble opinion. Hope it helps.

The Goldberg said:
Pinnacle may be in for trouble ahead as NWA has already removed 15 CRJs from their fleet in the wake of its chapter 11 filing with more anticipated.

Um, we just got those 15 CRJ's back and added to our fleet, and there is no plan to get rid of any more.

The Goldberg said:
Colgan pays you in training (don't know about Pinnacle but I heard NO)

You get 200 bucks a week, plus lodging

The Goldberg said:
You could go fly a jet and be an FO for 5 years

3 years is the upgrade time right now

Basically, everyone is hating on Pinnacle for whatever reason. It's a good company. It sure as hell is not on the same level with Mesa or GoJet, yet some tools on this board seem to think so. Get a life.

The 15 RJ's are NOT BACK in the line as somebody said earlier. Dangling carrots just like the show they did the other day with the two manufacturers showing their stuff out here in Minne. Only politics.

PS We don't eat carrots!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back