Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeaaaaahhh.......

From a guy in the "Southern system"

"Listen, I'm not a checklist kind of guy. You can do them if you want, but don't expect me to answer."

I'm sure we're not thinking about the same guy, but when I was there between 00-03, we had one of those....

I can see it now....

Bud Light will have a new "Real Men of Genius" Commercial for Pringle Prangle....

Here's to you, Mr. Psycho Airline Pilot!"

ya know....I gotta say it.
I'm kinda dissapointed I never got to fly with some of those guys. it must've been fun. At least i get to see good ol' G Web every once in a while...it's always a riot with him around.
Though i could prolly do without the pring prong. my understanding is that it was just a matter of time before your license got revoked.. anyone know where he is now? flying cargo in south america?? navigating the Andes with a sextant?

Jeez... they keep on comming!

One night at BHB... prang decided to do a walk around on the overnight airplane. He left a note for the morning captain of every little thing wrong with the airplane so the am captain had to ground the thing.

anyone know where he is now? flying cargo in south america?? navigating the Andes with a sextant?

If I had to guess.... he's probably sitting in some jail in a 3rd world country for molesting young boys.

He actually got a job flying the Cape after he was terminated at Colgan... A former CA pilot informed the powers there what they were getting, and the offer was rescinded.

Jeez... they keep on comming!

One night at BHB... prang decided to do a walk around on the overnight airplane. He left a note for the morning captain of every little thing wrong with the airplane so the am captain had to ground the thing.

That's right up there with "#1 Dad" doing another runup on the way to the hangar in ALB every night so the AM guy wouldn't have any surprises after maintenance worked on it all night.

Enough about MP, let's bust on "Round up for safety, round up for safety"

Holy sh@#... Almost forgot one of the funnier things.

He kept track of every little thing FOs did that he thought was wrong. Say you checked in with center and said "with you" or happen to throw an "and" in there.... You would get a nice letter in the mail with the appropriate section of the AIM highlighted and the letter telling you that you're not following proper protocol or some other such garbage..

What a complete toolbag! I would rib him every day so he'd be at Kinko's all afternoon after work photocoping FARs, etc., on phraseology.

Not quite, but almost as annoying as a Captains who:
* Freaks out when the ITT goes over 820
* Gives the same half-hour takeoff briefing on the 6th leg of a day
* Says "clear left" 27 times before reaching the runway, *always* pausing for me to reply "clear right." (Now, I just lean back and give a cheerful thumbs up)
* Does the CTOT test at the beginning of the day with CTOT set @ 100% (thank God the CTOT didn't actually turn ON; then have the gall to tell me "that's how I was taught in the sim." And, get mad when I show them where the CTOT test is thoroughly and correctly explained in the book.)

Keep the thread alive!

Snaab

What a complete toolbag! I would rib him every day so he'd be at Kinko's all afternoon after work photocoping FARs, etc., on phraseology.

Not quite, but almost as annoying as a Captains who:
* Freaks out when the ITT goes over 820
* Gives the same half-hour takeoff briefing on the 6th leg of a day
* Says "clear left" 27 times before reaching the runway, *always* pausing for me to reply "clear right." (Now, I just lean back and give a cheerful thumbs up)
* Does the CTOT test at the beginning of the day with CTOT set @ 100% (thank God the CTOT didn't actually turn ON; then have the gall to tell me "that's how I was taught in the sim." And, get mad when I show them where the CTOT test is thoroughly and correctly explained in the book.)

Keep the thread alive!

Snaab

Snaab, is he a recent transition? Are you in ALB?

Is that the guy that would send the first officers an in depth analysis on their piloting skills in the mail after he flew with them?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back