• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Fatigue Policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, is anyone reading this who just so happened to have called in fatigued for frivolous reasons? There's two sides to this.

Sorry, but there is.

it stems from the D-bags that were calling in fatigued so they could get a day off or commute home earlier. Once again, the company over reacts and shoots from the hip

So if you have a child that needs to be taken to the emergency room at 2 AM the morning your trip begins (At the end of your days off, of course) you will be punished accordingly?

If you call in fatigued for that I would say your an idiot. That is a family emergency, not a fatigue call and should be treated accordingly. Its those kind of fatigue calls that kill it for everybody else. Call in with what was going on, not something else.

Its like a guy who is sick all night calling in fatigued because he couldn't sleep because he was up sick all night. Thats a damn sick call, not fatigue.

While I dont agree with the method that Colgan is going about this, they are having people abuse the fatigue call process and this is their reaction to it. I dont see it lasting to long in its present form.

Latest resources

Back