• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan And Skywest Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's a very complicated question. It would require in-depth study of the original seniority lists, planned aircraft orders, historic attrition from medical-outs, etc... I don't have all of that information in front of me, and I certainly don't have the time or desire to study it to that degree, so I can't give you an answer to exactly what the scope and length of the fences would have to be. Suffice it to say that the upgrade expectations of the East pilots would have to be maintained to the greatest extent possible. These are the sorts of thing that the two sides should be talking about rather than threatening lawsuits and screaming "binding arbitration is final."

Come on now...that sounds like something a Democrat would say at a debate on foreign policy.

5 years? 10? Longer? Covering all widebody flying, or just the current number of positions? How does that relate to the top 518 numbers going to AAA?

I'm not looking for a political statement, I'm looking for what YOU would do with what you know right now. Remember though, when accounting for the upgrade expectations of the East pilots don't forget all the right seat retirements and the change in mandatory retirement age...

Remember though, when accounting for the upgrade expectations of the East pilots don't forget all the right seat retirements and the change in mandatory retirement age...

That's what I'm trying to tell you, Boiler. I don't have those numbers in front of me, so I can't account for them and give you a hard number. Maybe even a traditional "fence" wouldn't be the best solution. Maybe a ratio'd upgrade bid until reaching the bottom of the original East list would be a better option. Without having all of the information in front of me, I just can't give you an answer.

Latest resources

Back