Colgan and Skywest pilots that voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Incoming!!!

I still dont get it, they voted no. We dont work there, why should we care? They are not undercutting anyone, WHO CARES?
EXACTLY!!!!! We are not undercutting or "lowering the bar"! ASA has a TA that brings them up to our benefits/compensation level after 5 years!!!! Spend alpa dues on fixing alpa carriers first then come to us- I may have been of a different opinion.....

Some people are just ignorant. If SKW was using the fact that they dont have a union to undercut other carriers and take their flying, or whipsawing a pilot group then I could understand people being upset, but they dont. SO WHO CARES!!

I still dont get it, they voted no. We dont work there, why should we care? They are not undercutting anyone, WHO CARES?

Skywest pilots benefit from union negotiated contracts and other benefits without contributing to the cause. You think they would have those pay and work rules if management wasn't just trying to keep them from getting a union on board? All of the things in their "employee handbook" are things that were copied from union negotiated contracts. If it weren't for unions, then Skywest pilots would be paid far less and treated much worse. Some of us are tired of them freeloading off of us. It's about time that they joined in the fight and contributed to the cause.

It not about me... it is about all of us....

If we don't help all pilots UP we will all go down....

But how do you help someone who won't help themselves....
You guys are pi$$ed becuase SKYW said no to alpo? That is the reason everything is going poorly for the rest....I don't think so, try another excuse.

Skywest and Colgan will be begging for ALPA when growth is done and MGMT starts tighen the skrews! We all know the model!

Some people are just ignorant. If SKW was using the fact that they dont have a union to undercut other carriers and take their flying, or whipsawing a pilot group then I could understand people being upset, but they dont. SO WHO CARES!!

You guys are pi$$ed becuase SKYW said no to alpo? That is the reason everything is going poorly for the rest....I don't think so, try another excuse.

Let me explain it to you too...

Because Air Line Pilots are not regulatory. So when we need to effect change we have to have unity and strength in numbers.... its called consensus...

If one pilot called his Congressman and said we have to change fatigue policy, he will be asked who are you? The pilot can reply.. We are air line pilots... And he will be asked who is we? The pilot can only reply.. We is me.

However, if you have the President of a professional organization got to Congress and say I represent 60,000 airline pilots.... you will get the attention of the Law makers..

Now, if you really want to get things done ALPA needs to be able to go to Congress and say..we represent ALL airline pilots.

All management has to do is come up with some unsafe scheme at SKYW and ALPA has to spend time and energy to fix it...

Take it to the Int'l level.... ALPA is the only pilot respresntative at ICAO. The APA, IPA, NPA, SWAPA and others are not represented. If two pilot groups were represented it would only create confusion...

All while big changes are going on internationally that will effect all of us.... guess who gets to have a say.

Guys...this isn't difficult to figure out.... except if you have 'me me me' glasses on....

You missed the boat....

Formula -

I've upgraded. I make over six figures with Skywest and voteing no was a no brainer.

It is obvious that you can't spell "voting" and "brainier". I would submit that you can't add either. Six figures? Yeah right. I was there for eight years and did not make six figures as a jet captain. It's is also clear you don't have a credible college degree either. So enjoy your long life career at SkyWest (thats the proper way to spell it). Because I'll make sure you don't work here.

Last edited:

So very true, why is everybody wasting their breath bashing each other over why SkyWest needs a union or not, who cares.........

Blah blah blah blah blak blah blah blah
Blah blah blah blah blak blah blah blah
Blah blah blah blah blak blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blak blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Latest resources

Back