• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan ALPA... Get the cards in NOW!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I stopped reading two pages ago. I'm just seeing how far you two will continue. Carry on.

Don't stop reading..... this is important stuff.... PCL and I will probably carry on long after the Colgan and Skywest votes fail.....:D

by the way Dan Ford made a presentation to that committee.... look it up....

Oh, I'm well aware. From what I hear, the committee wasn't very impressed with Mr. Ford and his "presentation."

I'm not perplexed, I suspect it is to look like they are actually doing something.

I don't go for conspiracy theories. I think it's probably just a miscommunication in the "Hotline" message. It probably refers to a discussion of a single list proposal, and the guy who wrote the message accidentally referred to it as a "single carrier filing." Just my guess, though.

McClain was one of the big "brand scope" people along with Wychor and Woerth... what happened.....

Captains Wychor and Woerth were both legitimate supporters of family scope, and they remain so to this day. McClain on the other hand, well, I won't say anything about McClain. The whole "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" philosophy. ;)

You need to look at it again... that $500k was compensation in addition to the health care, car, and retirement... Look at it again.... You are wrong....

I think you're mistaken. Take a look at the resolution again. You won't see a $500k figure anywhere on there. The $500k comes from the DOL which includes the benefits that the President receives from the Association. The FPL figures from the other National Officers include their reimbursements to their respective airlines for pay and benefits since they aren't employees of the Association like the President is.

I stopped reading two pages ago. I'm just seeing how far you two will continue. Carry on.

I've been arguing with John for five years, and we'll probably keep going long past the dates we both retire. You'll be waiting a while if you want to see it to the end. :beer:

His ALPA pension plan alone is $149,091.20 per year. Tell me PCL128, how many ALPA members make $149,091.20 per year in salary, much less any pension?

Go ahead and look for yourself.... I will await your defense of this salary and pension for the great job he did.....

Duane's frozen pension benefit from NWA would be the same as his peers at NWA: $154,000 a year. ($144,000 frozen benefit, and about $850 per month in the Excess Plan). That's what the pilot one number junior to Duane has earned.

He won't receive that because he gave it up when he became a full-time ALPA employee, with a pension.

You're trying to make an argument that ALPA employees are well-compensated.

THANK YOU!

I hope to heck they are! If I demand good pay and benefits for myself, I should be prepared to give it to those who work for me. If you think our employees should get screwed because WE are...then add that to the list of things we disagree on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back