• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the past five years I've had...

Storm damage to my home 4 times

Storm damage to my vehicle 2 times

2 Emergency room visits

2 Auto accidents

W

Obviously you like pain and misery... maybe thats why you don't wan't alpa? Do you have to check that box on your medical app. for depression/suicidal tendencies?

2 Emergency room visits

2 Auto accidents

ZERO FAA legal issues!

ZERO issues with company management.

So as you understand it...we should also pay for other legal protection during our every day life as well?

W

You have had zero issues with Colgan management? Really?

Do you have any self respect or standards?

2 Emergency room visits

2 Auto accidents

ZERO FAA legal issues!

So as you understand it...we should also pay for other legal protection during our every day life as well?

W

In the past 10 years I've had...

No auto accidents,

No damage to my apratment or car,

No emergency room visits,

LOTS of issues with company management

ALMOST an FAA legal issue (luckily the controller didn't report the issue)

Guess which of the above I have insurance for?

2 Emergency room visits

2 Auto accidents

ZERO FAA legal issues!

W

Imagine going though storm damage, auto accidents and ER visits without an income and health benefits.......

2 Emergency room visits

2 Auto accidents
Just to get this straight;

At some point in the last five years you had Zero Storm Damage to your Home, Zero Storm Damage to your vehicle, Zero Emergency Room Visits, and Zero Auto Accidents.......

Sigh, I really doubt that anyone can truly be as clueless as you seem to be. For reasons I don't comprehend, you seem to just want us to think you're actually this dense.

For what it's worth, you're succeeding.

W
Yes.

Last edited:
Down to the final week!! If you have not voted, remember that this is the only way to better our careers! (Unless FedEx calls, which I'm sure they are about to start dialing)

If you still have reservations / questions, talk to the folks on the Organizing Committee. Surely you know at least one of them. Ask the questions! They have been running a very honest and straightforward campaign! Unlike the other side.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE AFRAID ANYMORE!!!

www.alpa.org/colgan

ZERO FAA legal issues!

W

How do you know that tomorrow isn't your day?

I had my house broken into and some stuff stolen several years ago. Thank goodness for homeowners insurance. I only want the same thing for my certificate and livelyhood.

What about if you get the flu and the scheduler doesn't believe you. Missed trip. Tough cookies. Flying while sick to avoid the absurd sick policy? FAA busts you. Bummer. Rock meet hard place.

Everyone has legal protection but you. You think that the little screws holding parts on the airplane cost $100 a piece just because? You think Buddy doesn't have his rear end covered with a slew of lawyers? Fagettaboutit.

A year's worth of dues for a first year Colgan FO is around $200. Call a lawyer and make an appointment, ask him how much that first appointment is going to cost you.
Dude,
after all these years, I still can't get enough of your Avatar....its frickin hillarious. Good luck Colgan guys with the ALPA drive, it's a huge step for the better.

XJT P2P Update
December 15, 2008

On Wednesday, Dec. 17, 2008, at 1400 EST, the vote for ALPA representation by pilots at Colgan Air closes and we will learn whether or not they have successfully voted in ALPA. Last year, Colgan’s pilots lost voting in ALPA by four votes. This year, we hope the outcome will be different.

I am asking all of you who will be flying in and out of EWR, IAH or IAD to remind any Colgan pilot you see to please cast their vote and have their voice heard. The campaign has been going well so far, but we could use all the help we can get. Please remind every Colgan pilot you see that we at ExpressJet are excited about the opportunity to work together with the pilots of Colgan Air, not only in the Continental system but within the Air Line Pilot’s Association.

Colgan votes in ALPA
449 Eligible to Vote
313 VOTES FOR REPRESENTATION!

Congratulations!!! Now the hard work begins.

Latest resources

Back