• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like I said before, you guys should organize and you wouldn't have to put up with that cr@p.

Dont do it.

Go buy a new car and be patient. Or go on vacation, put a downpayment on a house, buy your own plane but don't PFT. Yup the Mungusaurus has changed his tune. Some of them are great, most are not. 700hrs of droning around the sky and a few hrs in an A90 does not make you a good pilot, yes we have hired guys with 700hrs, maybe less.
I'm just in a bad mood again so i'm venting.
Anyone have any good ways to lower blood pressure naturally?
I'm a little stressed at work right now!
Peace Love and Cargoes, Mung.

*sings* ....start spreadin' the news....i'm leavin' today

or,

how about some ATIS to listen to?

perhaps these will lower the mungasaurus' blood pressure?

I was just offered an interview with Colgan Air, Thru Regional Airline Academy. I was shocked to find out that PFT was $18,500.00 upfront. Hotel, Food and Beer are at your cost during training.
Also no pay during training. This price is for the B1900. Saab 340 is more. This was as of last Wednesday.
I did not take the course RAA is now offering I went to a CRM Jet sim course pre 9/11 and was to get an interview with Trans State or CoEx. This never happened, Due to post 9/11 layoffs etc.

At 44, with wife and kid, plus house payment, another $20,000 for flying is just too much for a low paying job half way across the country. I hope there is a flying job out before I'm to old, anyway good luck to those that choose this route, this just looks like the wrong one for me.

Climb.....

...you're right -- I am arrogant.

As for your comments about a pink slip, nope -- I left there voluntarily TWICE. You should, however, question my intellegence for going back to that misery the second time.

Regarding your comments in another thread last week about my legal acumen, I think that law school, two years of law review, and one year on a highly successful moot court team give me just a tiny bit of ammunition with which to discuss the law.

-tit

The 18,500 is for the Saab or the Beech 1900 and that includes a type rating. Also you only get paid 50.00 a day in training but atleast it's something. Does anyone know how long you are put on reserve?

Thanks for your help

Hey tuttyjet, were you a sim instructor at Colgan?

Brazillian Grill

The Brazillian Grill, the only reason a trip to the Anis is worthwhile. Ice, keep the bbq fires burning mate, no doubt we will be back several times before the year is out. I would like to recommend that if any pilots reading this board find themselves in HYA overnight, the Brazillian BBQ on main st is the best 17.50 you will ever spend for food. We had a group of us sit and eat there for 4 hrs one night. MMM bacon wrapped filet mignon and the ribs are the best.
Your fat ba$tard bud, the Mungusaurus.

Latest resources

Back