Colgan Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DHPFLYN

I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on Colgan Air. I would like to know where the 1900 and Saab bases are located. Also kind of curious what the average upgrade time is. I have heard that Colgan is growing and they are hiring quite a few pilots but never can find any information on it. Any information on how they are growing or just other general information would be great !!!! Thanks for your help !!

If I'm not mistaken I think they went to PFT program. Last week a commutair FO in ROC told me her friend paid 20,000 for the Saab at Colgan when they last hired.

Last week a commutair FO in ROC told me her friend paid 20,000 for the Saab at Colgan when they last hired.

Come on now Lear.. Let's not pass around bogus information. 20 grand... Not quite.. Only 18 thank you!!:D

DHP

The information you ask changes so often that if would be impossible to post accurate information.

Do a search of this web site and you'll get plenty of information.

Actually I'm not streatching what she told me. She told me that one class paid 18 then the next was charged 20. Not bashing or anything, just saying what she told me. She also said the 1900 was 16,000. I got the idea she was a ex Gulfstream FO now at Commutair.

Speaking of GS, I read the Air Inc article this month on them. They charge 24,000 for 250 hours 1900. But get this, while your building 250 hours you split a 70 hour/month line with another FO. But wait it gets better, when your not flying your 35 hours (half line) you SIT RESERVE just incase they need you. Paying to sit reserve, how F'd up is that?

Last edited:
yeah i heard it's gone up to 20k too, again not the most reliable sources, but that's what i heard.

DHP- depends on who you're talking to. we've been "getting jets" for the last couple of years, we are always opening a new base or closing one. Obviously, we've taken a few hits this year, but it seems like we are starting to pick up a little. we've just opened a couple new bases and i heard we just had about 20 guys go through training. honestly, as much as we bad-mouth it, Colgan is as good a place as any other to start out. the guys here are good- you'll learn a lot from them, and you're home every night (for the most part.) the biggest tip i can give you for survival here is that the most important quality to have is flexibility. go with the flow, and you'll fit in just fine. (by the way, i'm NOT saying to let them walk all over you, but be helpful and eager the first few months. if you can't or don't want to accept a trip on a day off, just don't answer the phone, it's better than saying no.)

Last edited:
LearLove said:
Actually I'm not streatching what she told me. She told me that one class paid 18 then the next was charged 20. Not bashing or anything, just saying what she told me. She also said the 1900 was 16,000. I got the idea she was a ex Gulfstream FO now at Commutair.

Speaking of GS, I read the Air Inc article this month on them. They charge 24,000 for 250 hours 1900. But get this, while your building 250 hours you split a 70 hour/month line with another FO. But wait it gets better, when your not flying your 35 hours (half line) you SIT RESERVE just incase they need you. Paying to sit reserve, how F'd up is that?

The reason they're doing that crap now is so they can get MORE $$$...... I have talked to guys who said they don't fly at ALL on those reserve days.

When I was there I held a hard line, of around 85 hours with 13 off....

But they don't tell anyone this now.....:rolleyes: :confused:

I don't regret going there, but they do a good job of tarnishing thier already rusty name....

THANKS!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lear,

I was just goofing with you. I wouldn't be surprised if they got every class to pay more and more. 18-20 grand to get the greatest training in the world with a type to boot.. Who would pass that up?? :confused:

Chperplt,

thats cool, I didn't think anything of it. Maybe I sounded bad because I'm slugging my way thru this on-line CFI renewal course. You know reviewing FOI's and CFI FAR's makes you sound serious all the time. 5 more sections to go then I can forget it for 2 years.

If i could get them to payroll deduct the 20K over time....could i bid saab FO?

Latest resources

Back