• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Air crew experience.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its being reported that the PIC had 110 hrs in type, and the FO had 7 times that amount (700+ hrs) in type.

Still uncertain of their previous experience.

Its being reported that the PIC had 110 hrs in type, and the FO had 7 times that amount (700+ hrs) in type.

Still uncertain of their previous experience.

Dude, look at post number two and three. It's already been answered over and over. CA had 3000+ hours and typed on the q400 in November. It's February. Take a wild guess at his experience on the q400. Just come out and say it already, you think it the plane crashed because of the pilots.

Total time doesn't mean anything. I have flown with them all and pilots can suck with lots of time and some can be awsome with little time. We are all just a number we upgrade when we are due.

Comair has hundreds of guys with 10,000 hrs+ and some with 20,000.

I'm sure the same can be said for ASA, SKYW, PDT, Mesaba, Air Wis, XJET, and others...

I would bet there is a big difference in average experience between these carriers and places like Colgan, Mesa, or Pinnacle.

It is what it is....the regionals dont typically have 13000 hour pilots Mr Gup.....

I bet the majority of Piedmont's captains have that much time...just in the Dash.

Thats the difference between a company with decent work rules and a bottom feeder. People stay at decent companies and end up with a decent amount of experience, not matter how big or hard to fly the airplane is.

Comair has hundreds of guys with 10,000 hrs+ and some with 20,000.

I'm sure the same can be said for ASA, SKYW, PDT, Mesaba, Air Wis, XJET, and others...

I would bet there is a big difference in average experience between these carriers and places like Colgan, Mesa, or Pinnacle.

It is a dangerous thing in this business to get comfortable where you are and pass up a temporary pay cut to go for the gold ring.

If you are at a cesspool like Mesa (or the defunct Regions Air) the choice to move on is easier. Even though the ring you reach for may be of say brass or lead it is a far better thing to reach for than what you have...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back