Colgan Air absorbing Express jet routes in saab 200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sad really,

You guys are so excited that Express might go down the sh..ter in the next 2 yrs, why is that????

Are we really that bad?

Or is it just our turn...

007 said:
Sad really,You guys are so excited that Express might go down the sh..ter in the next 2 yrs, why is that????Are we really that bad?Or is it just our turn...
007-If you worked for Colgate, wouldn't you want to believe this steaming pile of poo?

Atr

Regarding the ASA ATR-72 speculation; I spoke to an ATL based ASA mech. on a disabled ASA ATR incident that advised the ATR's are still w/ delta (since ASA was a subsid.) and were not part of the SkyWest purchase which I thought was interesting. So Delta owns turboprops!

bmpilot2003 said:
What is the expiration date on the Co-Ex contract?

2015 and it is renewable to 2030. As of now we are the exclusive provider of small jet service to CAL in their hubs. They can use whoever or whatever they want if it isn't a 50 seat jet right now. If they want a 50-seat jet used in a hub, it has to be done by XJT. In Jan 2007 that exclusive 50-seat jet provision expires. So in a year, if CAL decides they want to use someone other than XJT in the hubs, they can. Most likely, any incrimental growth of 50-seat jets in the hubs after 2006 will not go to XJT. XJT will probably not lose flying, they just won't gain any. How many more 50-seat jets does CAL need in the hubs, probably not many. I don't think the market for 50-seat jets is growing very rapidly right now and CAL has said repeatedly they don't need 70-seaters and if they do, the scope at CAL requires them to be flown by mainline pilots. I don't think XJT has much to worry about other than possibly losing a small amount of growth to someone. You won't see us parking airplanes and furloughing anytime soon. Still hiring over 45 per month for the forseeable future.

Truckdriver said:
2015 and it is renewable to 2030. As of now we are the exclusive provider of small jet service to CAL in their hubs. They can use whoever or whatever they want if it isn't a 50 seat jet right now. If they want a 50-seat jet used in a hub, it has to be done by XJT. In Jan 2007 that exclusive 50-seat jet provision expires. So in a year, if CAL decides they want to use someone other than XJT in the hubs, they can. Most likely, any incrimental growth of 50-seat jets in the hubs after 2006 will not go to XJT. XJT will probably not lose flying, they just won't gain any. How many more 50-seat jets does CAL need in the hubs, probably not many. I don't think the market for 50-seat jets is growing very rapidly right now and CAL has said repeatedly they don't need 70-seaters and if they do, the scope at CAL requires them to be flown by mainline pilots. I don't think XJT has much to worry about other than possibly losing a small amount of growth to someone. You won't see us parking airplanes and furloughing anytime soon. Still hiring over 45 per month for the forseeable future.
Actually, during the negotiations at CAL for their recent concessions they (the pilots) now own all flying over 50 seat for CAL including turbo prop flying so I doubt we'll see any new larger contract flying here.

Last edited:
ATRCA said:
Actually, during the negotiations at CAL for their recent concessions they (the pilots) now own all flying over 50 seat for CAL including turbo prop flying so I doubt we'll see any new larger contract flying here.

I didn't know it included turbo-prop flying. I thought it was just jet flying over 50-seats, but I could be wrong. I doubt we'll see much new contract flying at all at CAL. The need for more than 274 50-seat jets is probably minimal and any larger jets will go to mainline. Due to the economies of scale, common fleet type, and spreading of costs within the holdings company (Wing, paint, MX operations, contract training, etc.), I think XJT will be able to compete on block hour costs with MESA. We may not be able to hold the 10-12% profit margin, but we'll be able to beat out MESA or SKYW if any flying comes up for bid. All of this exclusivity clause hype is being created so the pilots will get scared and accept PBS.

GEORGE DUBYA said:
I have recently been told that Colgan Air will be absorbing Express Jet routes in a cost saving measure by Continetal. The Saab 2000 will be taking over a number of routes out of IAH and CLE which were formerly express jet routes. The Saab 2000 operated by Colgan Air will operate at have the cost of Express and will be moving 50 seats. Plan to see this fiscal Q3 of 2006. Also, Colgan Air will be buying up Bankrupt mesaba's SF340s in a continuing effort to expand the Colgan Air cost saving fleet and to improve fleet commonality.

I spoke with the CEO's of every major Regional last week, and they exclusively ensured me that all airlines will soon be owned by Colgan Air. You see, every week, they call me personally to ask my opinion of how the airline industry should be run, then they tell me all their inside marketing secrets so that I can share it with all of you. All tail liveries for the former Delta, US Airways, United, Northwest, and oh yes Continental... will be retired in favor of a new Colgan family portrait. All flights operated by the newly created Colgan Air will have a full buffet, and for your inflight entertainment, forget this satellite TV stuff; Colgan will offer a live belly dance show from a selected family member. Once a week, all "heavier" passengers will get to be counted as half weights, just to make them feel more welcome. This is all completely true, trust me. I heard it straight from the mouths of the airline execs. Oops, my fault, I mean I heard it from a mechanic.... or was it his sister's brother's uncle's daughter who lives in a Turkish prison?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back