• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Air absorbing Express jet routes in saab 200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's the ignorant element to this thread. Why would Colgan purchase the Saab 2000 instead of using jets for these routes? (company policy against them or what!!) I know operating costs weigh down on all of this.

While we are spreading rumors, I heard Colgan was buying Commutair. Then, they will get rid of the 1900s and replace them all with Q400s.................Then I woke up from my dream :rolleyes:

Speaking of rumors..... I heard that the Colgans were getting out of the airline biz and opening a chain of buffets.... That is until they realized they would eat themselves out of business..

Hendricks Motor-sports does have 3 and they're looking for a 4th.
Also, Joe Gibbs Racing has just purchased a SB20 as well. They to would like another one to replace their G159.

"Speaking of rumors..... I heard that the Colgans were getting out of the airline biz and opening a chain of buffets.... That is until they realized they would eat themselves out of business.."

That's pretty damned funny...

I keep waiting for theo "magical 50 seaters" that Continental NEEDED to get rid of skywest for last summer.

Oh well, I guess a saab in the summer with no apu in iah was punishment enough.

Not much mention of Mesa opening up a base in iah...thoughts...
peace out,
Mookie

Colgan does not like jets (especially 50 seaters). From what I've heard, they would love 2000's, but they are rare and aren't 121 certified in the US.

I wouldn't be surprised if Colgan bought some of Mesaba's 340s.

Was wondering the same thing.

Where are they gonna buy these 2000's?

Now maybe if the rumor was changed to Q400's...but I know Colgan doesn't like to buy new airplanes!

Caught at least 3 Saab 2000s coming out of AZ sunday night on flighttracker after the race in Phoenix.

Latest resources

Back