Colgan Air absorbing Express jet routes in saab 200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GEORGE DUBYA

I have recently been told that Colgan Air will be absorbing Express Jet routes in a cost saving measure by Continetal. The Saab 2000 will be taking over a number of routes out of IAH and CLE which were formerly express jet routes. The Saab 2000 operated by Colgan Air will operate at have the cost of Express and will be moving 50 seats. Plan to see this fiscal Q3 of 2006. Also, Colgan Air will be buying up Bankrupt mesaba's SF340s in a continuing effort to expand the Colgan Air cost saving fleet and to improve fleet commonality.

I know we will see changes to the COex makeup after the Xjet deal ends, but somehow I don't see Colgan Saab 2000s as part of it. Especially at "have the cost". Who knows though. I almost hit a pig at FL240 yesterday.

I heard CAL mgmt is not happy with Colgan in IAH. The rumor is that SKW will be back in bed with CAL by end of 06. Keep in mind CAL came to SKW a year or 2 ago trying to nego a deal for IAH feed. Something to think about.

I could be wrong, but I did not think the Saab 2000 had ever been certified in the US.

GEORGE DUBYA said:
I have recently been told that Colgan Air will be absorbing Express Jet routes in a cost saving measure by Continetal. The Saab 2000 will be taking over a number of routes out of IAH and CLE which were formerly express jet routes. The Saab 2000 operated by Colgan Air will operate at have the cost of Express and will be moving 50 seats. Plan to see this fiscal Q3 of 2006. Also, Colgan Air will be buying up Bankrupt mesaba's SF340s in a continuing effort to expand the Colgan Air cost saving fleet and to improve fleet commonality.

Maybe at half the cost, don't know about have the cost...

I'm not sure if I buy the Saab 2000 rumor.

I spent some time in the 2000 sim in Vero Beach. (One of only two Saab 2000 sims in existance.) This is not a very common airplane, only around 35 were ever built. Of the 3 currently in the US (owned by Hendricks motorsports) only 2 are flying. Parts are so difficult to come by they bought an extra one to part out.

GEORGE DUBYA said:
Get real. Its the SF2000 part that is the most absurd. Next.................

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back