• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan 3407 Down in Buffalo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wonder if the airbus job is a great one or if he got asked to leave. either way, glad he is out of a safety sensitive position. his statements made the ntsb look like clowns. imo.

wonder if the airbus job is a great one or if he got asked to leave. either way, glad he is out of a safety sensitive position. his statements made the ntsb look like clowns. imo.

I havent kept up with all of the press conferences, but I think the info out there will reassure the traveling public (at least me) that the Q400 is a safe airplane.

but I think the info out there will reassure the traveling public (at least me) that the Q400 is a safe airplane

That isn't the NTSB's job, it is to make sure the flying public is safe. big difference. FAA is supposed to reign in the ideas that are not practical (spending 100 million to fix a maybe problem, e.g.)

The info put out was contradictory, premature, and wrong for the most part. Not sure how that reassures anyone.

why doesn't everyone just let this come out the way it'll come out instead of speculating....ya'll don't know so shut your traps. I'm not one to speculate anything anyhow about it.

Beech Balls...with all due respect, and I mean this in a positive way, many pilots come here to understand what possibly could have gone wrong, and how we, as professional aviators, might prevent such terrible occurrences from reoccurring.
Until the government issues its final report, I think many pilots would prefer not to stick their heads in the sand, and wait for the government's final assessment. Instead,they prefer to delve, sift through the possibilities, learn something about an aircraft that they may or may not have flown, and somehow pull some lessons from this sad story. The government has the tapes, the government has the FDR...they will probably issue a fairly good assessment of what actually happened.
In the mean time, I have no problem with open minded professionals discussing issues which directly relate to their jobs.

In the mean time, I have no problem with open minded professionals discussing issues which directly relate to their jobs.

Second. IMHO This discussion is exactly what flightinfo.com is all about.

I know, I know, we all want to find out about how much Mesa sucks and which media outlet is slanted the most away what view.

But this is exactly what pilots have done for over 100 years now! It started on a beach, went to a field, then a hangar, and now we do it online. We're talking about planes.

I know, I know, we all want to find out about how much Mesa sucks and which media outlet is slanted the most from whatever view.

But this is exactly what pilots have done for over 100 years now! It started on a beach, went to a field, then a hangar, and now we do it online. We're talking about planes.

I know, I know, we all want to find out about how much Mesa sucks and which media outlet is slanted the most from whatever view.

Again, good discussion is worthwhile. I'm guessing that more than a few on here have tried to learn more about their own airplanes as regards stick pushers, shakers and stall procedures. Maybe a few even dug out an AIM and looked at
the useable surface area of the ILS systems.
Fifty years ago when approach couplers were new, we had guys complaining about erratic occurances. Seems they were selecting approach mode way out on V-84 in the middle of Lake Michigan when approaching ORD. Lordy!
Expand your knowlege the best way you can.

Last edited:
It is a 2 axis autopilot; pitch and roll. Rudder is always manual.

If there is a yaw dampener then there is a yaw axis servo. Does the 400 have a yaw dampener?

Latest resources

Back