• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan 3407 Down in Buffalo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are pilots surpised and disapointed when the news media is inaccurate... their audience isn't pilots.

Quit looking for public and external validation....

Maybe because their JOB is to accurately report the news. In the past that was done by either educating themselves or finding someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Sad that you apologize
for people who make a mockery of their chosen profession.

Maybe because their JOB is to accurately report the news. In the past that was done by either educating themselves or finding someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Sad that you apologize

I won't defend sloppy reporting, but it should be noted that even the NTSB spokesman, being very careful not to analyze anything, made factual errors in his briefing and didn't have information at his fingertips about things he might have been expected to.

I think mistakes are bound to happen and the clamoring for information is part of human nature. We should all realize that the first 48 hours after an accident is full-on silly season in terms of the speculation that goes on in the media. Folks that are very sensitive to reporters and analysts making mistakes should probably stay away from the boob-tube until things settle down a little.

That didn't make me feel too good about their theories, but supposedly the CRJ can still fly ok with a certain amount on the tail.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with ya, but the difference is the trimmable horizontal stabilizer. An inverted fixed tailplane like most turboprops have are much more susceptible/sensitive to asymmetric icing. If it makes you feel any better the Boeings don't have it either.

Last edited:

Nice try.... all I advocate is the truth and not putting too much time and effort into anything otherwise....

Oreilly and Geraldo sat and spoke about pilot experience as if it were a cause for the crash like they were seasoned NTSB accident investigators.

Wow. What tools. Trashing two souls before they are even put to rest.

You can't trust any news outlet anymore.

If I were elloquent enough I would 'pen' a "PITHY" letter to billy-boy to shut his pie hole until the pro's tell him what happened. And kindly keep geraldo looking for jimmy hoffa's grave.

Am I more angry at them for their lack of class or myself for expecting something different?!!!

Nice try.... all I advocate is the truth and not putting too much time and effort into anything otherwise....

And yet you defend their sloppy work, and post crap continuously that exemplifies it.

Just heard the NTSB IIC reaffirm the crew retracted the flaps and gear after the loss of control. Good on them, they worked up until the end. God bless them. That hit me suddenly.

Latest resources

Back