• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan 3407 Down in Buffalo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just saw an NTSB report on TV. Forgive me if this has already been posted.

According to the NTSB, the aircraft went into a series of "sever pitch and roll excursions within seconds of the 'Flaps 15' command."

Not speculating, but this does sound eerily similar to the problems the ATR had back in the day.

While boots have been reliable over the decades, I sure don't miss them. And I have to admit after 20+ years of flying in the great-lakes region, there is a certain amount of comfort knowing I got a crap-load of hot air pumping through the leading edges!

while there is some sentiment to wait till the final report, don't speculate, I don't disagree, however I believe that this unfortunate accident can serve as a trigger event to discuss icing and get our gears turning.

Sometimes the cobwebs build up and things like this serve to clean them out.

just my two cents

I can guarantee you that all day today and yesterday (last night) I have been reading "flying in icing" articles. Would I have read them anyway? Probably not. Hey, being honest.

Lets have some good come out of something bad.

Quit watching CNN! That network is pathetic. Only MSNBC is worse. Fox news has much better reporting. They've covered this tragedy with a least some intelligent reporting.

Fox News= Brain Wash Clearing House for the far right.

Sympathies to all affected by this tragic accident.

You're right about the CRJ tail..I had a bad ice encounter last year for only a few minutes and diverted to our alternate over a hundred miles away. after landing we still had a crapload of ice on the tail. That didn't make me feel too good about their theories, but supposedly the CRJ can still fly ok with a certain amount on the tail.

Why are pilots surpised and disapointed when the news media is inaccurate... their audience isn't pilots.

Quit looking for public and external validation....

I flew for Colgan for 6 years and left not too long ago. I'm sure many things have changed since they sold out to Pinnacle, but the thing I never forget was the great people I got to fly with every day. Didn't know the crew, but I feel like I just lost a part of my family. My condolences to everyone @ Colgan and the families of those on the plane.

Latest resources

Back