• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan 07-07 Memo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
great post VV but going back to that memo........what happened?? A CJC capt let a pax in the cockpit while on cruise?? when did this happened?

From what I've gathered, its one of those CASS issues about who is really allowed in your jumpseat. Can you have a dispatcher up there? Can you have a Flight Attendant crewmember up there? Can you have an ATC guy up there? Colgan will let you hang if you screw up.

Apparently, the Captain had a friend up front for the entire flight, and somebody ratted him out. I'm hearing it was the FO that ratted....

Here's the third side to the story. The people of knowledge in goverment spend untold millions of dollars screening people at airports and making rules about cockpit doors while our airports are being protected with just chain link house yard fences. Anyone can drive a truck through any U.S. airport fence any time they want to, be in a terminal or
under a aircraft within seconds and there is no way to stop them. This is the same pre 9-11 thought process (eyes wide shut). No wonder a key-chain screw driver was bad bad bad.. :confused:

even scarier is that anybody can get into some of these maintenance facilities which are guarded by a simple key pad. once they are in, there is unrestricted access to the aircraft.

TSA is going as far as to have the police who work at the smaller airports do check the fuel trucks for anything unusual that may be used to cause damage.

HELLO !!!!!! Dummies !!!! this is a vehicle that is carrying a very explosive fuel, that can just drive it into the aircraft or a airport to cause damage. I don't think anyone is about to crawl into the tanker and look inside either. They just make up stupid things to make it look like they are really doing something for everyone safety.

SURPRISE! Q-400 no ready!!!! hahahahh Surprise my arse, that is like saying you are surprised that crew scheduling called you on your day off.

Look simple answer to the Q-400 problem is analogous to a retarded overweight person trying to teach a blind semi-autistic monkey how to multi task. It just can't happen.

The Colgoons have bitten off way too much for their "caring family operation." I am glad the Q will not work. I think the whole idea is so arse backwards. No business plan, no staff, no training , no one cares.... end result! We get to laugh over it while putting some back!

ahhaahahhah

I know for me, the Continental side of things is much better and I am glad I moved from the East coast so I don't have to deal with this pooo poo.

Latest resources

Back