Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Visceral

Can you pickup a trip?
Could someone PM me with what happened. The memo put out is so vague as to be nearly useless. If someone screwed up, maybe it was an FOPP interpretation issue that others might be having too.

That wasn't a screwup. It has to do with the problem in getting the Q400's up and running. Unfortunately, they will not be ready to fly by Dec. as originally planned. The 1900's will be moved around the system to cover this problem for the next 6 months.

That wasn't a screwup. It has to do with the problem in getting the Q400's up and running. Unfortunately, they will not be ready to fly by Dec. as originally planned. The 1900's will be moved around the system to cover this problem for the next 6 months.

Ya right!!! Some idiot let someone in the cockpit ie passanger, now the company is going to hang them out to dry, maybe alpa could help, oh wait, 155 spinless pilots voted that down.

Ya right!!! Some idiot let someone in the cockpit ie passanger, now the company is going to hang them out to dry, maybe alpa could help, oh wait, 155 spinless pilots voted that down.

I'm not an ALPA basher, but how would they help someone if they knowingly let a pax into the cockpit inflight? Does that person somehow deserve to keep their job?

It is pretty unprofessional to let a passenger in the cockpit and it doesn't speak well for the person. I hope there is more to the story than this.

It is pretty unprofessional to let a passenger in the cockpit and it doesn't speak well for the person. I hope there is more to the story than this.

Big deal! A bunch of European Carriers allow Passengars to take a look in the Cockpit during Cruise!

Hell, Luftansa let a friend of mine sit in the Jumpseat on landing in a A340! Said the Captain did a autoland while smoking a Cigarette, once the airplane landed the captain looked at him and winked!!!! (guess that is unprofessional)

While I am saying its not right, and knowing that you can get fired over it. To me its just not that big of a deal!

Did the person just peak in, or did they go into the cockpit and close the door and sit in the jumpseat!!!

And what about the 1900's!!! Hell, all you gotta do slide the door over and watch away!!!

Its only unprofessional on how it was handled!!

Last edited:
But then again, I forget that European Pilots are so much less respected then American Pilots! Wink Wink!

Last edited:
Big deal! A bunch of European Carriers allow Passengars to take a look in the Cockpit during Cruise!

Hell, Luftansa let a friend of mine sit in the Jumpseat on landing in a A340! Said the Captain did a autoland while smoking a Cigarette, once the airplane landed the captain looked at him and winked!!!! (guess that is unprofessional)

While I am saying its not right, and knowing that you can get fired over it. To me its just not that big of a deal!

Did the person just peak in, or did they go into the cockpit and close the door and sit in the jumpseat!!!

And what about the 1900's!!! Hell, all you gotta do slide the door over and watch away!!!

Its only unprofessional on how it was handled!!

I hear what you are saying, but we don't have all of the facts. (The two sides to every story...) Any way you slice it, it sounds like someone knowingly and willingly violated company procedure and got CAUGHT. (Not that ANY of us would do the same.)

As for the Beech, its a tough story. I leave the doors open to make sure no one is walking around during take-off and landing. Other than that I close the doors to preserve my sanity (or what's left of it).

Here's the third side to the story. The people of knowledge in goverment spend untold millions of dollars screening people at airports and making rules about cockpit doors while our airports are being protected with just chain link house yard fences. Anyone can drive a truck through any U.S. airport fence any time they want to, be in a terminal or
under a aircraft within seconds and there is no way to stop them. This is the same pre 9-11 thought process (eyes wide shut). No wonder a key-chain screw driver was bad bad bad.. :confused:

Latest resources

Back