Coex to Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Obi-Wan

Here is the final deal folks. No interviews for the coex furloughed pilots going to Skywest. Now if recalls happen and they do not want to go back, they have to interview at that point. I think skywest would not mind keeping these people, after all there are about 90 positions available and thats over $1 million in free training money paid for by CAL. Good luck to all going over there. I wish I was jobless so I could go.

Not to be cynical, but...

Would you mind letting us know your source? Have a copy of the finalized MOU in front of you? Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

p.s. I always thought it was pretty weak that you lied to Luke about Vader killing his father, then when he caught you at it, you spouted off with that "point of view" crap. What a load of bantha poo-poo.

Last edited:
Hi!

Are any furloughed CAL pilots getting to fill the seats at SkyWest?

Cliff
DTW

No subjective interviews as per the letter I recevied from Jim Nides, Express Director of FLight Operations.

The Union was pretty adament verbally, we must go back when recalled, but the language for the Commutair deal just says "furloughed pilots will resign when recalled to Express."

As for CAL pilots, they have to be furloughed from CAL, flowed back to Express and then furloughed from Express. They also have to volunteer of course.

Last edited:
Obi-Wan? Any response?

Still waiting for your source on the Skywest info. PM me if you don't want it public, please. I'd like to know if there is any meat to this rumor, or if it is just CommutAir crew room rhetoric. Thanks.

Bluto,
If you qualify call Peter Sailer at manpower planning and signup. You only have till the 13th. As far as staying there goes and the interview at that point, you may call Mark Leneski at the union.
goodluck.

Are there any actual Xjet dudes/dudets that have "signed up" for the SkyWest thing and if so, when is the "interview" and when does class start?

so, furloughees only have to the 13th to indicate a desire to go to SkyWest? what happens after that, pool is drained and hiring starts up again?

anybody know for sure?

I heard that there is going to be an emb class of 10 on 7/2, and one or two more classes in July but I don't know the specifics on those. The 7/2 class will be both poolies and xjet (if they give SkyWest "the list" quickly). The poolies that are going are to be notified this week.

For everyone joining SkyWest, welcome and I hope you will enjoy it here.

Last edited:
Utahpilot,
Coex furloughees have been told to expect a possible short-notice call for a class on 6/19. From there on the numbers we've heard are 6-8 of us a month from July-Nov. I imagine the rest of the class will be from the pool. Not sure if there will only be 30-40 positions total (we were originally told 90!) or if there will be more training for us after November.

Recent Skywest rumors indicat that they are overstaffed. With 400+ furloughed pilots eligible for the 90 (40?) positions created by the IAH flying, it looks like those slots will be filled quickly. If it's true that Skywest is overstaffed otherwise, it could be awhile before interviews start up again.

Metro A-team,
"Are there any actual Xjet dudes/dudets that have "signed up" for the SkyWest thing" Yes. Probably more than the available slots.
...if so, when is the "interview" and when does class start? Nobody knows on either issue. They have told us nothing except that the 13th is the deadline and to be ready for class as early as the 19th.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back