COEX losing 69 Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nonstop said:
Well, look on the bright side. If it were a different industry and different era there'd be a lot more done to individuals who perpetuate the demise of a career than a few offensive comments.

If you go to work for a scum bag like JO and expect anything but animosity from your peers you're dreaming. There's a lot of careers (including your own, though I imagine you're too naive to know it) getting crushed so you can get your quick upgrade.

No, sorry. You cannot equivocate on this matter. Getting pissed at someone for perceived injustices is one thing. Laughing at and hoping for a plane crash is something else entirely. It's sick, and if you can't see that, then you have problems.

Paladin said:
-Neal
Yeah...that's me...still lurking. Working for a credit union and working on yet another degree from FU. After 7 years I had enough of the transportation industry...marraige and a mortgage puts a lot in perspective. I can't begin to tell you how weird it is to wear a suit to work.

Glad to hear you're well...and happy! I hear you on the mortgage thing...not married yet (and no kids that I know of). I just got my first mortgage and I'd be lying if I said I haven't had second thoughts about this career.

-Neal

Paladin.....I was always partial to the F urman U niversity C hristian K nights. ;) I know a lot of folks that graduated around 99-00.

Amish RakeFight said:
Are you telling me to not take a job for 22K a year? should I wait until the job pays 50K to start? Is that what you honestly think will happen? IT NEVER WILL. Those are the dynamics of the industry.

What is your point?

Im hurting the industry because I want to get a job flying at a regional? Isnt this what you did when you signed up? You accepted the pay and still work the job.

So dont criticize me. Youre just being a hypocrite. Its people like you who are STILL working for peanuts. Why not do something about it instead of passing the buck to someone who wants to work too.

Amish,
Don't let any of these forum trolls talk you out of anything you truly want. In life, there will always be someone blaming you for their problems.

BluDevAv8r said:
And if I remember correctly...we came very close to balling one up in SLW several years back.

-Neal

I heard a dirty rumor that "we" tried a repeat in the past few weeks too.....OAX arrival.

Captain X said:
I heard a dirty rumor that "we" tried a repeat in the past few weeks too.....OAX arrival.

I just flew down there a few weeks ago...I wonder if it was me? All kidding aside, that morning departure certainly opened my eyes up a bit...to a rather large piece of granite at 12 o'clock!

-Neal

XJETDriver said:
No we are going to be laughing when Mesa drills a mountain in Mexico. I will also laugh at any Mesa pilot that trys to jumpseat on my a/c.

You are a total class act you F'n Idiot! The fact that you hope mesa will crash and 53 possible deaths because you are pissed at mgmt shows what a total bastard you are.

BluDevAv8r said:
I just flew down there a few weeks ago...I wonder if it was me? All kidding aside, that morning departure certainly opened my eyes up a bit...to a rather large piece of granite at 12 o'clock!

-Neal

Yeah nothing like trying to get 50 people out of there with a holiday bag load. Beautiful area down there though I must say.

foreverfo said:
So saying how much less are we willing to fly for to keep the exclusivity?? Bet around the board that it's none, because that's not the problem.

While I agree that it's "not the problem", my bet is that your company will say that it is the solution, when they propose to alter your contract so that you can be "competitive" with the lowest bidder.

It's unfortunate but I think your turn in the barrel is not far away. Either you underbid the lowest bidder or he (whoever it is) will be doing the work that you do now.

Better start thinking about what "concessions" you're prepared to make.

Thats the thing i think our managment would rather loose the flying and try and pick it up somewhere else or do something else than whore ourselves out just so we can lose money. XJet has a good set of MGMT and i feel confident that some good will come of this whole situation. Who knows? All i know is when the day is over i feel pretty good about the company i work for at this point in my Career.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back