• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

COEX losing 69 Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know where some of you are getting some of your figures but second year pay can be much better than 25k. I fully expect to make 40-45k in my second year at ExpressJet. It can be done if you are willing to work.

Amish RakeFight said:
Everyone always references the $20,000 a year figure, yet it is only for the first couple of years. With per diem and hrs. beyondtha tguaranteed, you do much much better.

After upgrading and flying for a few more years, the pay does go up.

you make things sound so bleak, why ot leave the profession. Hopefully things will get better but asthey stand now, theyre not. Im still gonna get involved. Those who are there can complain, but they still work that job. Theres plenty of opportunites out there to make more at soemthing else. But they stay anyway.

Point is, 70=80 /yr is not so bad flying 80+ hrs a month.

Either he is part of management or he just thinks that we are all idiots. because if he actuallyunderstood what goes into being a line pilot he would not say this ignorant sh1t.

Photoflight said:
Start stackin resignation letters effective feb 1st.

If management can cancel a contract whenever they want why cant a pilot group start forcefull negotions for a new one anytime they feel like it.

Management can not cancel a contract whenever they want.

-Neal

bugchaser said:
I don't know where some of you are getting some of your figures but second year pay can be much better than 25k. I fully expect to make 40-45k in my second year at ExpressJet. It can be done if you are willing to work.

This is true if you want to work your butt off. Sometimes you need to do that to help with X-mas gifts and so on. I'm myself worked by butt off the last 3 months so I could buy everyone gifts this year. I did very well in the last 3 months.

Amish RakeFight said:
Im neither drunk nor trying to stir anything up. It wasntmeant to be funny or unprofessional. Yeah, like ppl around here are sooo professional.

Evryone is always talking about how crappy their pay is. They all announce it loud and clear and how terrible it is. Why not chastize them.

I AM willing to make low wages for a few years in order to top out at 60-70K/yr. Maybe by then it'll be closer to 80K.

The point being, 70 or 80 a yr, is not so awful. I work more than twice as many hours a year (55 hr. weeks) to make that kind of money now, sitting in front of a cpu. If I can work half the time and be flying, well, it doesnt seem so bad to me. You dont have to agree. But if you compklain than quit the job. What can I say.

Stay with a regional and top your pay out. If youre lucky, go on to a major.

But I know what the rules and pays are outthere, and Im willing to accept the low startign wages to eventually make high 5 figures.

Im not a spoiled brat, and I paid every cent for my ratings.

So young, stupid, and very naive. It's people like you that are willing to work for peanuts that ruin it for the rest of us. I wasn't happy making 40-45 grand for years to come, it sux. And the comment you said about only working 75-80 hrs a month is bull$hit. That is all you get paid. You get paid block time, not the time that you are on duty, which usually is considerably longer. You could fly 6 hrs a day (paid) and be on duty for 14, which leaves 8 hrs of wasted time (unpaid). This job is not as glamorous as it seems. I think you should do some research and get the facts before you start posting, so you don't make yourself look like a complete fool. Oh yeah, don't give me this, "if you are so unhappy than quit" BS either. Aviation is a career unlike others. You just can't quit your job and find something of equal or more pay, usually you are going to take another drastic pay cut. Again, inform yourself before posting.

say again said:
So young, stupid, and very naive. It's people like you that are willing to work for peanuts that ruin it for the rest of us. ....................
Aviation is a career unlike others. You just can't quit your job and find something of equal or more pay, usually you are going to take another drastic pay cut. Again, inform yourself before posting.

Are you telling me to not take a job for 22K a year? should I wait until the job pays 50K to start? Is that what you honestly think will happen? IT NEVER WILL. Those are the dynamics of the industry.

What is your point?

Im hurting the industry because I want to get a job flying at a regional? Isnt this what you did when you signed up? You accepted the pay and still work the job.

So dont criticize me. Youre just being a hypocrite. Its people like you who are STILL working for peanuts. Why not do something about it instead of passing the buck to someone who wants to work too.

suupah said:
Either he is part of management or he just thinks that we are all idiots. because if he actuallyunderstood what goes into being a line pilot he would not say this ignorant sh1t.

nice post, but it is you who kind of sounds ignorant. I bet you were a C student at best.

N4niner206 said:
DNKT quit blaming your problems on everyone else. Its pathetic and you just make yourself look stupid. Go laugh at the Mesa pilots who pick up the flying... attitudes like this are not going to help you. Why should a Mesa, Republic, Trans States etc employee feel any need to help you secure your job when you act this way? Besides, you chose to work there... Keep up that attitude and you can expect nothing more than employees of those companies to LAUGH out loud at you with your XJT badge as you make your way toward the unemployment line.

No we are going to be laughing when Mesa drills a mountain in Mexico. I will also laugh at any Mesa pilot that trys to jumpseat on my a/c.

XJETDriver said:
No we are going to be laughing when Mesa drills a mountain in Mexico. I will also laugh at any Mesa pilot that trys to jumpseat on my a/c.

Now, now, be nice. If you let them jumpseat, and are nice to them, they just might write you a letter of recommendation at Mesa. Or better yet, personally deliver it to J.O. You would probably do quite well in the E-145 training.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back