• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cockpit size of bizjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stop drinking the kool-aid. Crew meals are what keep the airplanes moving and keep the cash rolling in all day. The crew meals suck period! Quality and quantity are way down. Looking forward to a side salad with your meal? you will get some lettuce stuffed into a water cooler sized dixie cup. Some of the stuff isn't safe for human consumption. Lots of cases where there have been moldy food or spoiled food because it sits at the caterers for weeks on end. But hey, that's what you get when you only pay a caterer $10 for breakfast, $15 for lunch, and $20 for dinner. Did I mention that delivery is included? What kind of quality do you think we are getting when the caterers are taking a hit just for doing business with Netjets? Stevies on the West coast is losing big bucks on us. It's not only our food, but the customers food as well that is looking bad.

If you want a good meal you have to order two or three selections at a time, and it is not just for a decent selection, it is to keep from going hungry. If one meal sucks you have a nalternate to get you through to the next leg to order yet another two or three meals.

Yeah great, another bean counter figured out a way to save a few pennies. This business is all about customer care, that was thrown out the window with the new contract. Funny thing is that a bean counter can't figure out that the company really does need to take care of the pilots in order to keep the planes moving. When we start to park them and go get a decent meal then maybe they will figure it out.

We can thank Dick for the food fiasco. Those in the know know whom I am talking about.

Stop drinking the kool-aid. Crew meals are what keep the airplanes moving and keep the cash rolling in all day. The crew meals suck period! Quality and quantity are way down. Looking forward to a side salad with your meal? you will get some lettuce stuffed into a water cooler sized dixie cup. Some of the stuff isn't safe for human consumption. Lots of cases where there have been moldy food or spoiled food because it sits at the caterers for weeks on end. But hey, that's what you get when you only pay a caterer $10 for breakfast, $15 for lunch, and $20 for dinner. Did I mention that delivery is included? What kind of quality do you think we are getting when the caterers are taking a hit just for doing business with Netjets? Stevies on the West coast is losing big bucks on us. It's not only our food, but the customers food as well that is looking bad.

If you want a good meal you have to order two or three selections at a time, and it is not just for a decent selection, it is to keep from going hungry. If one meal sucks you have a nalternate to get you through to the next leg to order yet another two or three meals.

Yeah great, another bean counter figured out a way to save a few pennies. This business is all about customer care, that was thrown out the window with the new contract. Funny thing is that a bean counter can't figure out that the company really does need to take care of the pilots in order to keep the planes moving. When we start to park them and go get a decent meal then maybe they will figure it out.

We can thank Dick for the food fiasco. Those in the know know whom I am talking about.

Interesting. So who are you throwing under the bus for the domicile debacle?

Aviation food hasn't been worth a $h!t since TWA and PanAm were the ONLY two U.S. International airlines and the crews got their choice of FC meals.

It seems some of the NJ people are falling into that "we're making so much money the company can afford ANYTHING!" mentality. Ask the UAL and Delta guys how that's working out... (Or ask many corporate departments that switched to frac.)TC

Broke- You obviously haven't read the whole crew food issue on our board. The price point is what the cateriers are pushing for.

Diesel -- compared to what I'm dealing with right now, it is a perk, although it sounds like things aren't as flexible as when you could order anything you wanted. More money, worse food. Maybe something to talk about next contract?

It is not a perk and that mentality is what keeps the crew food quality low because you're just happy its better than where you were. Not that its enough to sustain your health.

There is a mechanism to address legitimate problems with quality that pilots should avail themselves of so that standards are met.

Trust me I know.

It is not a perk and that mentality is what keeps the crew food quality low because you're just happy its better than where you were. Not that its enough to sustain your health.

Oh, believe me, I bitch plenty at my operation about the lack of availability of decent food. I guess I'll have a better idea once I actually get out and flying with you guys. ("Damn, Diesel was right..." will probably come out of my mouth pretty quickly. :D )

Thanks for the perspective.

I'm not trying to beat you up just trying to show you that crew food is not a perk. You'll have a blast coming here though.

Issues of personal preference are inherently subjective. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that many pilots considered the NJ pilots' crew meal arrangement better than their own. That is not to say that there is no room for improvement. It just accepts the reality that the company was only concerned with meeting the lower threshold of providing suitable "fuel" for the pilot. Could it be a higher octane/quality--certainly. Does it meet the nutritional requirement--yes. Was the cost savings figured into the higher wages paid in the new CBA--no doubt. We all know that NJA isn't known for their generosity to the pilots...:rolleyes:

The meal debate does reinforce to the pilots that their wages must compensate them for their time/labor and their inability to enjoy a meal to their liking in a relaxed atmosphere more conducive to eating that meal--irrespective to what the meal actually is. After all it hardly matters how many stars your meal rates if it is eaten cold, on the go, in a cramped, awkward position. That situation seems to go with the frac turf, so it seems more logical to demand just compensation for a situation that will remain, regardless of the quality of the crew food.

My sympathies to those pilots who don't even have the higher salary to off-set the above frustration. If your group is collecting cards, think of this as food for thought...;) and send in your card. To the Options pilots-- hold out for wages that balance out the personal sacrifice that you make all day every day that you fly.

Back to the topic...

Does Netjets take size of the pilot into consideration when deciding aircraft assignments?

Back to the topic...

Does Netjets take size of the pilot into consideration when deciding aircraft assignments?

I know a guy that was hired into the little Beechjet (Hawker 400). After a few hours of IOE the captain "called" someone and had this guy retrain in the 800. He is about 6'3".

I know another guy that hired into the Falcon 2000 that is 6'6" or more.

When they hired me, they gave me a choice of planes and class dates. I wanted an early class date and still got the plane I wanted.

Does this help any?

Yes, thank you. I'm a pretty big guy. I'm sure I can get in any of the airplanes but flying a week of 14 hour days in one of the smaller cockpits concerns me a little. Bottom line, I'll fly whatever they want me to fly, but definitely hope for the Falcon or the 800.

Any idea what the recent CMH new hires have been getting?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back