Cockpit size of bizjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SinglePliot135

Please forgive m ignorance... I am 6'2"+ and the only bizjet I've been up front in is a LR-35 and I was barely able to use the pedals, my legs were so crooked. I tried sliding the seat back but it was all the way back. My question is, specific to the netjets new hire fleet, which of the jets offer a little more space for a tall guy up front. I'd hate to be seat-locked for 2 yrs in something that I can barely fit into if I can avoid it. Thx!

Hmmm, looks like you have been flying a Beech 99. And you are just now worried about leg room?

I can almost lay down with the seat in the back position of the 99, I'd love to have that much room in something else!

Sorry Single Pilot, I didn't know that Beech 99 cockpits were that big. Congratulations on the NetJets job. My friend starts over there next month on the Citation XL/XLS.

My husband is the same height and has flown the XL, the Ultra and now the Encore--a tight squeeze in all 3. They're also common for new hires. It seems that his complaint is more a lack of head room and getting into position. I think not having an APU in the summer will be as big a problem as the leg room issue if you wind up in one of those planes. From what I hear. Are those the things pilots refer to when they talk about paying their dues?

Congrats on the job and good luck,
Netjetwife

You will not fit in the Ultra/Encore, you could fit in the 400xp but it would be tight. Xcel on up would be a better fit for you.

You will not fit in the Ultra/Encore, you could fit in the 400xp but it would be tight. Xcel on up would be a better fit for you.

I'm 6'4" and the only bizjets that I've flown have been the 20/30 series Lears and the 400xp. Not the most comfortable of settings but you'll find a way to make it work. I've never had a problem with my size getting in the way of flying the airplane.

Apu

NJW -- I do not know which NJA XLs your husband flew, but everone I have been on has had an APU.

Fly safe.

'Owner, you're correct, sir. It's the Ultra and the Encore that are the ovens in the summertime.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back