• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cockpit reading

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Screw reading, I play my PSP and listen to some great music on my iPod!!!
What, no portable dvd player or laptop? You could watch 2 or 3 movies on a 14 hr flt. The portable dvd player would fit ok on the glareshield of a G or Global.

why don't you pull out your tally wacker...right... your are bored anything goes....Geeeezzz.

Open can of worms :)

You are a tool. I hope I never have to work with you.

You realize you're posting in the Corporate Forum, right? Given the time of your post I'll assume that you were drinking. You should probably head back to the Regional Forum and go play over there.

At the airlines I fully supported a little media diversion from time to time, in an effort to stay awake and sharp. Now I'm flying for an uber-rich owner of a $55M aircraft where the cockpit door is open above 10,000ft. He is NOT going to wander up front and see one or both of the pilots reading the Moscow Times or some ratty old Louis L'Amour novel. Not on my watch. Of course, we have the luxury of getting up and walking around the cabin when we need to in an effort to stay focused.

Concur.

In the event you fly with a micromanager, no reading in my professional cockpit type make absolutely sure that he/she never ever closes their eyes and drifts off....

You have a point. There should never ever be company policies or SOP's, we should all be able to do what ever we want, and if anyone has a different opinion that is senior to me, we should take them out.:erm:

Makes for a very safe cockpit environment.

Ever see someone driving their car whilst reading a book? I don't read in the car, other than a checklist I don't read in the cockpit.

Ever see someone driving their car whilst reading a book? I don't read in the car, other than a checklist I don't read in the cockpit.

Bwahaha! Do you use checklist and do a "predrive" on your car before you push off the driveway?

Epic Fail!

Latest resources

Back