• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cockpit reading

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ever see someone driving their car whilst reading a book? I don't read in the car, other than a checklist I don't read in the cockpit.

I never follow behind another airplane with less than 2 plane-spaces away, and I always signal when I try to get back to the middle of the localize.

Our ops manual states that only "professional material" may be read on the flight deck.

GV

Those gals at Playboy are complete professionals. I'll leave the Juggs issues at home.

W

Alright, maybe the car anlalogy was poor. Me thinks reading in the cockpit is unprofessional, just my 02 cents.

Alright, maybe the car anlalogy was poor. Me thinks reading in the cockpit is unprofessional, just my 02 cents.

If you really have flown a X, i find it hard to believe that you sit up there from TEB to LAX all that time without doing something to occupy that simple mind. Maybe you just sit there trying to remember how to spell analogy.

If you really have flown a X, i find it hard to believe that you sit up there from TEB to LAX all that time without doing something to occupy that simple mind. Maybe you just sit there trying to remember how to spell analogy.

2dumb with regard to spelling on a message board, who cares. #2 When were at altitude if I get tired, I get out of my seat grab a drink/snack and see how everyone is doing. Look I'm not standing on a soap box and preaching my values. If my coworker sittin next to me wants to read a magazine then great. I dont have a beef with it and quite frankly none of our passengers have either.

In fact our pax are the most laid back group of people to work for. The question was raised about reading in the cockpit. I dont do it, I think its unprofessional. If you do, thats your thing.

With regard with your statement on me "really flying an X", yeah I really do fly an X, again who cares. If there's anything I can do to help validate what I fly please let me know.

2dumb with regard to spelling on a message board, who cares. #2 When were at altitude if I get tired, I get out of my seat grab a drink/snack and see how everyone is doing. Look I'm not standing on a soap box and preaching my values. If my coworker sittin next to me wants to read a magazine then great. I dont have a beef with it and quite frankly none of our passengers have either.

In fact our pax are the most laid back group of people to work for. The question was raised about reading in the cockpit. I dont do it, I think its unprofessional. If you do, thats your thing.

With regard with your statement on me "really flying an X", yeah I really do fly an X, again who cares. If there's anything I can do to help validate what I fly please let me know.

how many fadecs do you need for dispatch?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back