• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Coast Guard Pilot Demand?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And the stash just grew by 25 Partagas Serie D No.4's. Come on down to Louisville and fire one up with me Saab buddy and former shipmate

I found out yesterday that I got picked up by the SRDC board (select reserve direct commision). I have almost ten years in the Navy, I'm going to be a LTJG when I come out of ROCI (reserve officer _____? indoctrination, kind of like OCS lite). I have no idea of what they plan to do with me, given my background I would guess marine inspection at an MSO.
The age limit for aviation is not to be 32 by the time flight school starts, or be a transfer from another service. Can this age requirement be waived? I have about 3000 hours of civilian time, the past year I've been flying for Express Jet in the EMB 145. I turned 32 in March.
In any case I'm excited to be in a service with an everyday, REAL mission, not just training and I'm looking forward to whatever I get assigned. I guess it's just hard to get that pilot thing out of you, like the bumper sticker says, I'd rather be flying.

sardaddy said:
coolyoke,

The Coast Guard does not have aviation positions for reservists

Yes I knew that, sorry if I didn't make that clear. I would be pursing an active duty slot for that. Have you heard of anyone getting an age waiver?

The age limit is actually 34 now for those of us from other services... the DCA web site has info about what is the cut-off date for the most recent board.

mudkow60 said:
The age limit is actually 34 now for those of us from other services... the DCA web site has info about what is the cut-off date for the most recent board.

I went to the page (I just googled coast guard dca) and it listed 32 as the age, and you needed to be a prior military aviator, if I understood it correctly. Could you tell me where you found your info? Thanks!

Here is the link from the gocoastguard.com page...

http://www.gocoastguard.com/dc/dcprograms/dca.htm

Line two under the Qualifications section.

You are correct in stating that you do need to be a graduate of a military flight training program.

Contact the DCA coordinator if you have questions. In my working with them, they have been both very professional and very helpful.

Good luck.

Stay Home

Smells,

Stay home, the folks who worked with you to secure an OCS appointment should be flogged. The CG is much more than flying fixed wing aircraft.

Max, Falcon, Hercster,

Greetings from SEA, life is grand as is the company.

Be safe and take care of each other.

Latest resources

Back