Coast Guard looking for more aviators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bingo,

While we do see quite a few guys moving from rotors to fixed wing it usually doesn't happen the other way. That is probably due to the fact that not many fixed wing guys ask for it.

That being said I do know a handful of guys that have done it. However, because you are currently a FW guy you would more than likely stay in that community for at least your first couple of tours.

Good Luck,

CK130

Is this a deal for former military pilots who are already qualified on a type they fly, or is this for any of us regional pukes who are looking for something different?

Can a guy with a few thousand hours of airline time and no military background apply?

Sorry....I guess I should have said that up front. This a program for guys that are already rated military aviators.

Bengalsfan,

I'm not sure why you would want to, in fact the question alone makes you suspect at best :).....but yeah they are still putting guys into the Falcon even though that airframe is going away in the next few years. It is being replaced by the HC-144A (CASA 235-300M)

CK130

Yeah, shows my knowledge of the Coast Guard. :)

I've got 3 years left in the AF, and couldn't take the demotion, but it would be a nice way to get some corporate jet time for the future... I don't know what a CASA 235-300/HC-144 is... I'm just an AF puke

Have a good one... I wish we had the bases you guys have, and the deployment rates :)

Bengalsfan,

I'm not sure why you would want to, in fact the question alone makes you suspect at best :).....but yeah they are still putting guys into the Falcon even though that airframe is going away in the next few years. It is being replaced by the HC-144A (CASA 235-300M)

CK130

Do you have any idea what will happen to those birds once they are decomishioned? I wonder if they will be available for purchase on the civil market?

Exactly which services fixed wing pilots are they trying to get? With an age restriction of 31, the USCG has ruled out any AF pilots (10 year commitment after wings) or Navy/USMC Aviators (8 year commitment after wings) to apply for the program. So basically the only ones left are the Army fixed wing pilots.

Not exactly true. We just picked up fixed wing pilots from every service. the AF and Navy are both looking for ways to shrink the roles and are willing to give conditional releases depending on the case.

Not exactly true. We just picked up fixed wing pilots from every service. the AF and Navy are both looking for ways to shrink the roles and are willing to give conditional releases depending on the case.

Roger. Didnt know that the Navy let anyone out of their initial commitment. I myself have never seen this happen.

Latest resources

Back