• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO Express "on-time" but lands at WRONG airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"and their runways are located in the same latitude, tending to cause confusion"

Really?!?!

I saw an Air Force 737 (the type with the VIP/AF1 paint not the white T-43 paint) land in DFW back in March of this year. Watched him land 17C as we were taxing up Lima for 17R. Didn't think anything of it until he crossed 17R and checked in with ground asking to "taxi to the air guard ramp". When ground inquired if he ment the the "SW hold pad" he came back and said "the C-130 ramp". At that point ground said "standby" at which time all the comments from the peanut gallery on 121.65 started coming fast. Some of the comments I remember were:

"hate to be in that debrief"

"3 exits west on 820"

"got mapquest"

"don't worry, traffic is light this time of day"

Last edited:
It is an FAR that you have to be at or above the glideslope for the landing runway if available,.. Which therefore means localizer must be tuned/identified.

It doesn't say you have to be above an "electronic glideslope" I remember it meaning above the "glide path" I could be wrong but some runways we land on don't have electronic glide slops or VASIs...

I never understood the hurry to accept a visual approach. Vectors to the approach course please. Still get paid by the minute? What's the hurry?

I never understood the hurry to accept a visual approach. Vectors to the approach course please. Still get paid by the minute? What's the hurry?
TacoBell for dinner! Yikes!

Latest resources

Back