• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

co-domiciles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly the ape-like chest thumping one might expect from merchant. I fly 62 airplane types including the venerable v-tail and if it weren't for those pesky immediate action items and limitations i'd still be part-time prop trash and loving it!!

Do we really need memory items for aborting a takeoff....and then do we really need to read those items from the waffle house card after we abort the takeoff? Stop the airplane on the pavement is sufficient.

What immediate action items should be or are different? How many limitations that need to be commited to memory are different...Come on folks, this isn't that difficult...A little ATR theory would do some of you RJ guys good......

Then they should be fired...If you can't handle both, then you probably shouldn't be flying either....The "White Dragon" prabably shouldn't be flying a 172.....

Corporate pilots fly multiple types. Mesa pilots fly both types. I fly the 50, a C172, a Twin Comanche, and a Bonanza...and I would be fine flying an ATR again....

The biggest problem with dual qual. is some of the silly things we have to commit to memory....Clean that up some and it isn't really that big of a deal.....

I agree, Joe-

Unfortunately, we are dealing with an environment where people cannot be fired-no matter what they do.... The guy who struck his wingtip(s) and then threatened his F.O. not to tell anyone was fired-but then was offered almost immediate re-employment.

I don't know what the answer is, but these people are still here-and some will always be here. We should be wary of dual qual with some of these folks....

The sad thing is: There are people who are way worse than the White Dragon. People who have bent or broken more airplanes. People who are way too careless for the job (I know they exist at majors as well.) But, we do have control over this situation for now-and I think we shouldn't risk dual qual until we get the bad apples under control. We should do our best to avoid danger.

So long as adaquate parking (for those who need it) along with front/back end ground transportation and duty time and pay credit, the co-base idea is fine.

This is an idiotic idea. Dual qual, dual base, pbs, anything else you want to throw away?

So you can fly a shiny 700 out of a base that will save you a total of 40 minutes driving per week?? what exactly are you getting in return for all that? Please think about this. Not that it takes too many brain cells to figure out that it would suck. God pilots are moronic.

Actually it would save me about 120 minutes per week ((40 driving + 20 crew bus/airport transit) x 2 times per week).

Our 700s are not shiny, they still have all the old paint jobs.

PBS will vastly increase my QOL, it's been proven to me by the very first mock bid.

Look, I'm not saying that dual qual or dual base would be better for everyone, but it would certainly be better for me personally. I don't speak for others -- I speak for myself. All 3 things you mentioned would give me a better QOL. Since I'm stuck in this God-forsaken seat making s%&t money and dealing with you know what for the rest of my foreseeable future, QOL is top on my list.

First bid was extended to the 23rd... No results posted yet. So whoever is saying they did better with PBS is full of crap. The award software doesn't even work yet!!!

First bid was extended to the 23rd... No results posted yet. So whoever is saying they did better with PBS is full of crap. The award software doesn't even work yet!!!

They can't fix the software, lots of bugs in the reserve section of it. Wait and see. They knew going into it they had to field test it on the entire pilot group, but the honestly didn't think it would be perpetually delayed like this...

I can promise you I will do better with PBS than with my line. This isn't rocket science; you take the number of guys above you and count them. Then you add 1. Then you look on your "Preview" and you count out that number of pairings for each week, that is what you will hold.

Latest resources

Back