Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
I'm looking for anyone out there who is with a company that has multiple airports in the same base such as LGA/JFK, FLL/MIA, LAX/SNA/ONT, IAD/DCA/BWI.

What are the work rules associated, pay credits for transportation between the airports, reserve aspects, parking reimbursements, deadheads, etc.

Is ASA switching to dual IAD/DCA base in Nov? Would make sense if we're doing 25-30 flights outta DCA

Looks like DCA is all 700 flying and of course IAD is all 200. Dual qual. anyone?

Looks like DCA is all 700 flying and of course IAD is all 200. Dual qual. anyone?

I said it when I was on the 200, I said it when I was on the 700/900, and now that I'm 45 minutes from IAD and 10 minutes from DCA I'll say it a third time. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Is ASA switching to dual IAD/DCA base in Nov? Would make sense if we're doing 25-30 flights outta DCA

There is no section of the CBA or LOA that addresses it. However, I know at the legacies it is a reality, and it works well, there is no reason that it is not within the realm of possibility at ASA. Eagle and Comair both rejected a NYC base, instead it's just JFK or JFK and LGA bases, but if the conditions and work rules are there, no reason it can't be cost affective..... right?

Oh ok I was assuming the DCA flying was 200 flying.700/900 flying is getting even better. DCA flying combined with going back out west to DEN is pretty attractive

Like a billion an hour, sure that still wouldn't be enough for ya

Not quite, but if they want me to know the limitations and stuff for another aircraft then I expect to be paid for it. As it is, we are paid more for the larger aircraft, why give that up? For a better schedule? Right. To be downgraded to a 50 and then cancelled (at 50 seat rate)? No thanks. Vacation pay at 50 seat rates? Not interested. Bottom line is, it is a pay cut. I know they're mostly the same plane but there are limitations and procedures that are different that I would be responsible for in a check-ride. If I am responsible for more I expect to be paid more, and no, not by some mystical promise of a better schedule. Anything less is a concession. If they want to pay everyone at a rate commiserate with the increased responsibility, I am all for it.

Where multiple airports as a domicile have been rejected, the issue has always been who is responsible for getting the crew back to their car at the end of rotation. The company has always wanted to start crew at one airport, return them at another and release them to get back to their car on their own time and dime. Republic rejected that, Comair rejected that, now they are shopping the NYC domicile to someone else in the hope they can pawn the scheme off on them.

Latest resources

Back