• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO 737 off runway in DEN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can you blame them for getting their carry-ons? No one..absolutely no one enforces seatbelt signs and no grabbing carry-ons before getting to the gate. They did what they always do. Unless people start getting it into the heads of these sheep they have to follow some rules this stuff will always happen in situations like this. Rules are for everyone else. Not them.

CNN said the plane "skidded off the runway."

Fox said "careened off the runway."

ABC said the plane "careered off the runway."

CBS said "veered off the runway."

NBC said "slid off the runway."

.....I wish they would get their stories straight!

From a CNN article:
"
The plane skidded off the runway, its wheels disintegrating. It slammed into a ravine, its fuel tanks leaking, and caught fire. Luggage fell out of overhead bins that had begun to melt.
Passengers panicked and shoved and stepped over each other. One yelled, "The plane is going to explode!" said Gabriel Trejos, who was clutching his child and feared that the buckling seats would "squash" them both.
The couple fought their way into a line of people scrambling to get out of the back of the plane. Some were trying to get their luggage first.
"I just wanted to get out of there," Gabriel Trejos said."

If I had a person trying to get their carry ons in front of me they would have nothing but my footprints all over them. :angryfire

Oh what a tough guy you are !

Kewl! Instructor dude has an in at the NTSB!

What a refreshing change around here to have great insights like that!

CNN said the plane "skidded off the runway."

Fox said "careened off the runway."

ABC said the plane "careered off the runway."

CBS said "veered off the runway."

NBC said "slid off the runway."

.....I wish they would get their stories straight!

do you know the difference of any of those words? I don't.

What they're saying is, the plane ended up off the runway.

Oh what a tough guy you are !

I agree with crxpilot. If I was being held up and about to burn alive because someone wanted their carry on, there is no question I would throw them aside or step all over them to get to safety.

Risking the life of everyone behind you to get your ipod and Twilight paperback is not acceptable.

What a bunch of losers! Literally, Monday morning quarterbacking an accident. Get a life and try and learn something from the final NTSB Report.

Much of the problems we currently have in this industry are due to this type of mentality and the image it portrays to management. Try and act like professionals even if your faking it.

Literally, Monday morning quarterbacking an accident.

Literally? How do you literally quarterback an accident?

Yes, we should act like no other pilots in the world and not discuss aviation news. :rolleyes:

People want to talk, learn, grieve, congratulate, discuss. It's part of being human, and in this age, we do it on the internet.

If people are claiming they know what happened, then they are wrong. But, that doesn't mean we can't talk about it until the NTSB comes out with its "Sunshine" report.

Latest resources

Back