• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CMR Sick Calls Xmas Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is that seniority is the ONLY thing that is rewarded. There are ways rewarding employees for their years of service, also allowing for a decent quality of life for those in the lower ranks. I did not say that shorter lived employees were entitled to every holiday off.

ALPA has created huge disparities in compensation and work rules, making pilots their own worst enemies when it comes to negotiations. A junior pilot should have to pay their dues, but the disparity can be huge. I hear so much thrashing on new hire pilots in the industry here because they has SJS. Those guys are trying to pay their dues, so they can sit in the flight deck of a mainline aircraft someday; making better money with a better quality of life. The guys who are at the majors are pissed off because of them, yet they had to fly something smaller, at a pittance for wages, to get there as well. ALPA's system has failed airline pilots at all levels. They gave too much to the guys at the top, left hardly any scraps at the bottom, which has allowed the companies to play the groups against each other. Mass sickouts are not going to help your cause.

Wow, It's sad to admit it but I'm really starting to enjoy your posts. Maybe its that I can actually visualize you coming home from work at the Walmart and catching the Comair guy diddleing your wife. Let me guess, you just haven't felt like a man since then? Its OK, Not many guys can feel manly when compared to a regional pilot. I think there are support groups for guys like you....

Thats right, I just don't feel like a man compared to a commuter pilot like you! Girls just dig those puddle jumpers you fly around in! I heard this fat cow of a woman talking the other day about how emberased she is that her boyfriend flies the little planes! That must have been you she was talking about! Now move your little bug smasher out of my way!

COMAIR PILOTS ARE HISTORY! HAHAHAHA

Actually a lot of people travel on Xmas because the flights beforehand are sold out. Also you have a lot of revenue standby pax due to overbooking. The brain trust at all legacy airline HQ's thinks that their revenue management calculations are accurate even around the holidays when it's mostly leisure travellers who invariably show up in greater percentages than business travellers.

Overbooking should be outlawed as a form of fraud but that's a topic for another thread.

Thanks guys, your opinions are so highly valued (at least egocentrically). Value and correctness are obviously two different constructs in this case; at least you tried to build a coalition--gotta give you that.

Nighttrain (FWIW): I went into the military during the drawdown in 1993, never to flight training and was non-rated ops for 7 1/2 yrs (13BX & 86PX)--no regrets (thanks for your service indeed); yup, bought 73-type and consider it an investment; lectures are for people who want to learn--obviously not aimed at nitwits like yourself.

WSurf: I suggest you reread it--you might learn something. I don't know who heard it, but as far as I can tell, it's written not oral. Those who don't want to read it, can stop. Please let me know what you think rational is...(I'd be curious to see if you have a mind of your own, or just spout off).

Last edited:
Those passengers you left stranded because you didn't feel like working pay your salary. Without them, you don't have your job.

Maybe the people who called in sick don't care if they have their job or not. Many of them either have or will soon have other jobs. Don't know about other companies, but Comair will not pay out unused sick time. That policy alone ensured my illness.

I wouldn't celebrate a lack of integrity; how many of those were really sick?

..l.. u :puke: And I notice you didn't post the ethics letter over on the MAIR letter is unenforcable thread. What, only the pilots have a lack of ethics? Look at what management is doing. Leadership is partly defineing ethics for the workforce by your actions. The management teams at these airlines have given a definition that selfishness and greed are absolutely the highest calling of us all. When the pilots follow the management leaderships example, guys like you are always there to apologise for management and demonize pilots. Sick!

Last edited:
Typical Comair BS! These clowns are the biggest idiots I have ever seen! WOW what a man it takes to call in sick! I am impressed. All these DI$KS have done is to ensure more of their flying is moved to Skywest. Comair is unreliable, uncomfortable, nausiating experience. I look forward to this third class airline out for good!

Up yours doosch! To want to put people who had nothing to do with this alledged sick out is typical for jerks like you.:uzi:

Actually a lot of people travel on Xmas because the flights beforehand are sold out. Also you have a lot of revenue standby pax due to overbooking. The brain trust at all legacy airline HQ's thinks that their revenue management calculations are accurate even around the holidays when it's mostly leisure travellers who invariably show up in greater percentages than business travellers.

Overbooking should be outlawed as a form of fraud but that's a topic for another thread.

If you take away overbooking, then you have to take away refunds for no shows. no matter what the circumstances. Oh yeah, you have to pay in advance too. That ain't gonna happen in your life time.

Maybe the people who called in sick don't care if they have their job or not. Many of them either have or will soon have other jobs. Don't know about other companies, but Comair will not pay out unused sick time. That policy alone ensured my illness.

When you make it clear, as Delta has, that you are dismantleing a company, that is exactly what happens. Excellent post!:beer:

Thanks guys, your opinions are so highly valued (at least egocentrically). Value and correctness are obviously two different constructs in this case; at least you tried to build a coalition--gotta give you that.

Nighttrain (FWIW): I went into the military during the drawdown in 1993, never to flight training and was non-rated ops for 7 1/2 yrs (13BX & 86PX)--no regrets (thanks for your service indeed); yup, bought 73-type and consider it an investment; lectures are for people who want to learn--obviously not aimed at nitwits like yourself.

WSurf: I suggest you reread it--you might learn something. I don't know who heard it, but as far as I can tell, it's written not oral. Those who don't want to read it, can stop. Please let me know what you think rational is...(I'd be curious to see if you have a mind of your own, or just spout off).

Maybe you should walk a mile in the Comair pilot's shoe. Then you could stfu.

Latest resources

Back