• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CMR -700 rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glad I'm not on the 70. I'd hate to walk to the ramp only to find a XXXCA aircraft waiting for me. I flew their 50s a couple of times after the strike and never felt comfortable in 'em.

We need to just wait and see about this one. We all tend to approach good rumors with appropriate skepticism, but jump all over bad ones as gospel...me included.

Last edited:
bvt1151 said:
Not future orders. Fred was talking about current fleet, and has mentioned specifically consolidating all Comair 70's at ASA.
Interesting. It would be more economically feasible to have one larger fleet of 57 CRJ70s in one airline, than two small fleets in two.

FDJ2 said:
Interesting. It would be more economically feasible to have one larger fleet of 57 CRJ70s in one airline, than two small fleets in two.
It would also be more economically feasible to merge Comair and ASA but our boneheads at DCI won't do it. God forbid we try to save money these days!

FDJ2 said:

By that logic, it would be more "economically feasible" to gut the DAL PWA and buy a bunch of 90-100 seat aircraft for DCI.

Palerider,

Don't jump all over FDJ2, he is just trying to think about the possibilites. Your DL possibilities, about DCI 100 seaters, are probably not going to happen, though. I do have a couple questions-----Is there anything in Comair's contract that states that they WILL keep certain aircraft? Could there be anything in there that would prevent a transfer of aircraft? I know those are tough questions, and this is a tough time for ALL of us.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General :

You knew the answer to that question before you asked it. The Delta MEC, though our mutual bargaining agent, prohibits ASA or Comair from entering into contract negotiations with anyone other than our alter ego management facade. So no, neither the ASA, or Comair, pilots have any job protections what so ever thanks to the efforts of our own union.

DCI airplanes can be shuffled at the whim of management and that is exactly how your MEC wants it. All the better to threaten us with and keep our MEC's under your thumb.

This complete denial of our rights of representation is why the RJDC exists.

But, you already know that also.

~~~^~~~

Last edited:
Fins,

Simmer down now, ya hear? Simmer down. I did NOT know the answer, and I am not trying to make light of this situation. You really LOVE to blame Dalpa and everyone on our MEC, when Comair's MEC probably could have done a better job on their own scope issues. SCOPE really is important---and we knew that before--and you guys are learning that NOW.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Does CMR have scope protecting the transfer of thier aircraft and flying??

If not this might be a reminder to the pro-RJDC guys how important a solid scope clause is.... The DL pilots know.....

General Lee said:
Fins,

Simmer down now, ya hear? Simmer down. I did NOT know the answer, and I am not trying to make light of this situation. You really LOVE to blame Dalpa and everyone on our MEC, when Comair's MEC probably could have done a better job on their own scope issues. SCOPE really is important---and we knew that before--and you guys are learning that NOW.

Bye Bye--General Lee
General,
The RJDC agrees with you about scope. I agree with you about scope. "SCOPE really is important". No argument there - we agree. HOWEVER, to have "SCOPE", you have to "own" your flying. ALPA says the ASA and CMR pilots do not "own" any of their flying. How can we "scope" something we don't own? Tell me General, who "own's" DCI flying? Who has the right to "scope" DCI flying?

Latest resources

Back