Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ifly4food

ifly4food.com
A prominent RJDC supporter told me the other day that Dan Ford heard a rumor that CMR -700s are going to be "diverted" to ASA to cover the SLC and increased ATL flying.

Anyone heard such that can confirm or deny?

Dan Ford, what a joke!

ifly4food said:
A prominent RJDC supporter told me the other day that Dan Ford heard a rumor that CMR -700s are going to be "diverted" to ASA to cover the SLC and increased ATL flying.

(insert sarcasm here)Well if it came from Dan Ford's mouth, it must be true!
We all know how he looks out for everyone in the business!

ifly4food said:
Does being a prominent RJDC supporter lend more credibility to a rumor???

ifly4food said:

I seriously doubt that. We (ASA) have only a few more 700s heading our way to total 30 I believe. Only 19 are gonna be based in SLC. Not sure how many were based in DFW...I'm guessing about 15ish. We'll have some from ATL move over there and a bunch of more 200 flying in ATL. No 200s are going to SLC at this time. Doubt any will do due to performance and elevations...thats just my guess on the 200s. But anyway...you guys should be keeping your 700s.

It is a third hand rumor. Has nothing to do with the RJDC.

Nothing has surfaced on my radar about this rumor, but, you know how management loves the whipsaw games.

Regards,
~~~^~~~

Headfake14 said:
I seriously doubt that. We (ASA) have only a few more 700s heading our way to total 30 I believe. Only 19 are gonna be based in SLC. Not sure how many were based in DFW...I'm guessing about 15ish. We'll have some from ATL move over there and a bunch of more 200 flying in ATL. No 200s are going to SLC at this time. Doubt any will do due to performance and elevations...thats just my guess on the 200s. But anyway...you guys should be keeping your 700s.
The 13 that are currently based in DFW are going to SLC, and the remaining 6 (5 now, since 750EV hit the property) are also going there. Should leave ATL with the same amount, just not the build up that was planned.

LTG

ifly4food said:

I'm assuming you mean orders and not current fleet, right? Either way, it sounds like more RJDC kerosene.

12 in ATL. 11 operational and 1 spare.

19 in SLC. 18 operational and 1 spare.

After that who knows.

701EV

FL000 said:
I'm assuming you mean orders and not current fleet, right? Either way, it sounds like more RJDC kerosene.
Not future orders. Fred was talking about current fleet, and has mentioned specifically consolidating all Comair 70's at ASA.

Definitely not RJDC kerosene since I've heard it from original sources outside of the RJDC. Probably the same place Mr. Ford heard.

Latest resources

Back