Class action on ASA pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

twott driver

Who's in? I am sick of having to force the company to pay me correctly for what I've worked.

There are a few things you don't mess with in a pilots life, seniority being the main one, followed closely by pay.

Why is it that a company of this size cannot get systems in place to correctly and accurately track pilot pay credits? Without fail they try and short you on pay, seemingly every month. If they overpay you by mistake, their auditors seem to find it in the blink of an eye; if they shorted you, it never gets brought to your attention and rectified. From this, I can only assume that they consciously overlook mistakes in your favor.

An easy way to check for a pattern of deception and theft would be to force the company to provide an account of how many paychecks have been audited and adjusted in their favor, versus how many have been adjusted in the pilot's favor (without the pilot submitting a pay query) From my experience the count would be overwhelmingly in the company's favor.

You short every pilot a couple of hundred dollars or more a year, and it adds nicely to the bottom line and management bonuses.

CHECK YOUR CREDITS EVERY MONTH IN THE MEANTIME!

Pay particular attention to deadheads and TDY assignments. They are neglecting to include duty time from an hour before your deadhead up until your first flight assignment, and the same at the end of the trip and your deadhead home.

I'm in!

EVERY SINGLE TDY DAY is incorrect!

However, the deal on 1 hour before is not in the contract. The contract actually says 15 mins before. But they NEVER include that in the pay.

The problem is more with scheduling than payroll. Payroll is just going off of what is in the system. It is usually when scheduling starts adding, removing, and modifying trips that my schedule gets messed up.

And good luck getting them to fix it!

Just recently, they TDY'ed me to DC. In the middle of the week, they brought me back to ATL for a 2-day trip. I left DC at 9am. They had my duty day starting at 2pm (which was the start of the trip in ATL).

I tried to get them to correct it. They could not comprehend that I couldn't end in IAD and start back in ATL. They didn't know how to fix it. Of course, my pay and per diem is incorrect.

Watch your paychecks!!!

I am one of those people who never record the times or pay that much attention to my credits and just "trusted" that the system was working correctly.

I had been sick, took some FMLA and I am always trading around trips, usually to get me more days off. So keeping track of pay, especially with that Adjusted MMG system is a real chore.

I noticed something didn't seem right and started going over my pay records for the last two months and I knew that something wasn't adding up. I emailed the people over in payroll and requested an audit of my records for the last three months.

So about two weeks ago I get an email that I had a check to pick up in the CPO. They had made a mistake to the tune of $1250.

Should I really have to check daily to make sure that I am getting paid what is owed me? No I should not, but apparently you have to...and I made it my new years resolution to tighten up on that oversight

The system needs fixing.

For the last 6 years or more..... we wait in anticipation, all the while been raped and pillaged.

I think they do this on purpose. Seems to me that they always have. After you challenge them enough times, they leave you alone-and keep picking on rich folks who do this job "for the fun of it." An awful lot of folks trust their credits these days.

-We know what they are up to, and we know it saves many millions a year. Proving that in court is tough, though.

From SH's email on 01/04

011 will be another ambitious year for all of us. There are many projects Flt Ops is working on in addition to the large project of integrating the ExpressJet operation. Some of the areas we are focused on this year are:

Starting AQP in the first quarter at Atlantic Southeast.
Addressing the communication flow during IROPS (We have been working with a vendor on a program to better handle communication and the decision making process during IROPS called Crew Recovery by Sabre) http://www.sabreairlinesolutions.co...ces/product/sabre_aircentre_recovery_manager/
Bringing an automated crew pay system on line. http://www.rainmaker.aero/products/crew-pay-and-allowances.aspx
Possible electronic flight bag. Recent technology advances may allow a less expensive entry into the EFB arena (i.e. IPad). We are working in conjunction with Flt Ops from SkyWest Airlines on this project. (We may skip the Jepp Flight Bag System due to shipping costs. Current price quote is $250,000+ to move in that direction over current Jepp costs for Atlantic Southeast).

Sounds like they're actually working on it...

Didn't they just announce that they're working on an improvement now?

The PBS LOA requires them to implement a way for you to see your pay in real-time within 8 months of the DOS. It was signed in May, so they have until sometime this month to get Rain Maker turned on.

I'm amazed how many people trust their paychecks to be correct. I perform my own audit every 15th and 30th of the month. I make sure I get every penny owed to me.

Latest resources

Back