Cl300 captain pay in india

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
India

Yea right 18-25k per month, you bet! I was on a Sovereign there last year on contract. I was replaced by a direct higher who was making 10K per month, 12 month contract. House, car and driver, phone, internet, and at least 100 US per diem overnight. If you cannot get a commute schedule, then maybe even up to 12K. Tax free, round trip tickets in your hand for your leave. The flying is OK, it is all the baloney up to closing the door and when you open it again. The previous pilot was making 10K, 60 on 30 off.

Good Luck

Just be aware that most flying jobs in India will try to significantly lowball you. 18-25k/month sounds like someone getting a daily contract rate for the month and doesn't seem to reflect a full time gig salary.

From another board:

I got a call from India today for a Hawker PIC position in New Delhi and one of the questions concerned expected salary. I responded with $90-100K a year. (and I felt like a whore saying it)

He hesitated and informed me that he had talked to several other pilots and that they were all expecting $60-$70K. WTF....$60-70K to go to India???? you have got to be fricken kidding me...I hope these low bidders get it and learn their lesson.

Expect to be lowballed...

India

No offense to the Indian Nationals, but they will do anything to save money, it makes the ex military guy manager with no flight experience or for that matter, aviation experience look like a genius. They will always come in low and tell you that is the rate in India. Not Really. And the Indian's idea of good housing is considerably different from the western or European world. 18 to 25k is daily contract rate, and there are very few Operators in India who will not be looking for a direct hire pilot whilst they are paying someone that contract rate. It would become there top priority to save the bucks.

I am in India flying a similar aircraft. I would say 18K to 25K per month plus expenses or perdiem, including business class airfare and 4-5 star hotel.

The people are nice, but the flying is challenging, and it is F-ing HOT!

The numbers quoted above are very realistic. Try to keep in mind that you are not on call 365 days a year. These jobs are for X weeks on and Y weeks off. Example 2 months on and 1 month off would be 8 months on for the year. You don't get paid when you aren't there

8 months x $18k = $144K with no bennies. IMHO that would be in the low range for living in India away from your family for 8 months.

8 months x $25K = $200K. I just had a buddy turn down a contract in Saudi for that exact figure (old G4). Not interest in 8 months in the sand box.

India

19K a month on a Falcon 2000EASy was the rate back in 2008. I know because i did it. Your a slave, but need to be paid well or it just aint worth it!

The rates quoted are correct - im on a similar contract 6W on 3W off.

They will try to low ball you and say that is the current rate etc BUT it's up to you. i just said NO and three weeks later the accepted - but expect everything to be last minute.

Some guys here are getting high $$ some aren't - the quality of local guys is such that they don't have many experienced P1 locals.

i highly recommend getting 5* hotel as your accommodation - company appartments will sadly dissapoint.

19K a month on a Falcon 2000EASy was the rate back in 2008. I know because i did it. Your a slave, but need to be paid well or it just aint worth it!

These figures are correct - i am here on a 6W on 3W off contract. [and i get paid when i'm at HOME. tax is very high here so any figures should be NET]]

Some guys are on a lot less, but i put that down to them not playing hardball - the supply of exp P1 crew is very thin here.

My company tried to cut my salary when renewing my contract so i just said "Find someone else" - they do everything at the last minute [seriously] so stick to your guns.

Also you need 5* accomodation - the company appartments will sadly dissapoint.

Kiwi
So what do you think will be the pay for a CL300 CA? and if the provide medical insurance, how do you choose a plan? or is there such thing?

That really would depend on what other conditions etc they are offering -

Is it full time or commuting?
What type of accom is provided?
what hours per month? (you will be on call 24/7)
Are airfares Y class?
Is recurrent paid for?

All contracts here provide a car and driver [very cheap] and a phone etc.

The ACAS guys here on the Chalanger get 11000 PM and have a 5* hotel plus meals etc. Global guys get 15000 - 18500. Citation guys get 8000.

A mate was offered 7000 for a Hawker 4000 and he laughed at them - apparently the job has been filled???

Another mate on a Falcon gets 1300 a DAY!!!!!

All figures are NET of tax. Watch out for a new PF [compusory providend fund] they will take 10% of your salary until you resign - some do this and some don't so make sure your contract says a NET sum deposited in USD into your OVERSEAS bank account. This money will be VERY difficult to recover.

Good luck - please take into consideration that India is a third world country.

What I quoted was for Contract work. IE, you pay your own Flight Safety 24K recurrent, hotel, food, and travel to get current. Then when you pay all of this including your Recurrent International procedures course, your own family medical, and own 401k, cell phone etc. then you should get paid $800/day domestic and $1000/day International plus expense for a SuperMid Aircraft like a Challenger 300/G200.

$1000 a day comes out to $30K per month, but the average seems like $18K to $25K is the going rate. I know guys doing it for $14K a month, but I wouldn't do it for that, and I know many who turned it down and many who would die for the gig. It's all over the board. I have turned down work before, but sometimes they call back and sometimes they don't. This is for PIC with 100 hours in type is the DGCA requirement.

You only get paid while your away from your home. Do a 3 week gig or a 2 month gig and back home with no income and looking for other contract work while you pay your medical insurance and network for contracts with no income and closer to that Flight Safety $25K recurrent again.

I had a buddy that paid for his recurrent and then the gig fell through and he sat home for 7 months before he got a job in a different airplane. It's stressful draining the savings account hoping the risk will pay off. Southwest anyone? I know guys that took a Africa gig and never got a dime. Try to collect that. It's not for the weak hearted that like to live pay check to pay check. Contracting is tough and international contracting is even tougher. I'd love to give it all up for a permaneant job back in the US. Wouldn't even hesitate. But I sure would miss those overnights in Lybia, and in Yemen during Ramadon (sp?). I am not kiding! Oh yea it's the 1 year aniversary of the Mumbai bombings for my fellow aviatiors here in India.

So if you do it, save some cash for taxes, (you need to be out of the country for 350 days straight per the tax year), save some cash for inbetween gigs, and save a lot of cash to pay for your next recurrent. Then add up your NET salary and tell me if it was worth it and would you do it again.

The previous post is right. Make sure you go with a 4-5 star hotel. Hugh difference in an apartment and you almost have to eat at a 5 star hotel for every meal. Most of the guys you will be flying with are low time, but not all.

Now if you are being hired as a full time pilot and it's permanent gig and the company is covering all your training and paying you, then maybe $15K a month is reasonable.

Let me ask you this. Whats the going rate for a B737 captain in the US. I know B737 captains making $250k a year and some others making $60K a year.

Anyone?

Latest resources

Back