CL30 or G200?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CDogg

Just curious for those who fly them, the pro's and con's of each...

Owner pondering the idea of upgrading from a Lear 55 and trying to convince him now is the time to buy!

Thanks.

I helped spec out a CL300 at my previous Company, although I left before going to training. Hopefully someone has better info than me, as I'm very curious too.

This is what we liked CL300 over the G200:
TO/Landing Perf
Flat Floor throughout cabin
No Boots
ProLine 21

IMO, the G200 is better in these areas:
It has IRU's as an option, something to consider if doing extensive International
Range is greater, TEB-EGGW. I'm not sure about the return
Gulfstream Support Worldwide

the G200 has never been a good seller and they are not making it much longer. Get a CL30, as Tony the tiger would say..."they are great!"

Range is greater, TEB-EGGW. I'm not sure about the return
Gulfstream Support Worldwide

I would check the range is great thing, is that with one or no passengers for the G200. Some of them can even top off with the crew only onboard.

The Cl-30 is the way to go between the two. You may also want to consider The Hawker 4000. It is about the same as the CL-30 but it has two IRSs which the Cl-30 does not.

I would check the range is great thing, is that with one or no passengers for the G200. Some of them can even top off with the crew only onboard.

Plus over an hour up to 410 when at mtow. Those wings don't like to climb. Why they are being replaced on the G250.

CL 300 small baggage door and compartment,
less range single channel autopilot. A big Lear 60 as far as international travel. Lacks serious overwater navigation and safety features.

G200
larger cabin, conference center seating option, GULFSTREAM SUPPORT-ENOUGH SAID!

I dont know first hand but other A&Ps I have talked to say that the CL-300 is a very Maintenance friendly airplane.

Our owner looked at both the CL-30 and G-200 when he was shopping a few years back. One thing that came up was the range with seats full...the G-200's range was limited with seats full, combined with the hot and high performance, as well as the out dated cockpit compared to the CL-30, the CL-30 was the choice for us. The CL-30 might have a smaller baggage door compared to the G-200...but Also consider the pass through baggage compartment in the 300, not in the G-200...I wouldn't say the cabin is bigger...maybe wider, but not nearly as comfortable as the CL-30.

It's clear that the CL-30 cut into the G-200's sales. The G-250 will be everything the 200 isn't and a bit better than the CL-30 in every catagory...same motors as the 300 but a bit more thrust, IRU's, a bit more range, new wing (no boots) ...the list goes on...it will be the plane to have if you look at the numbers.

It's true that the CL-30 is lacking for serious overseas operations...a lot of guys don't like the lack of IRU's, and such...but I can say that it does everything as advertised and does it well. Bombardier support is and always has been a problem. Mechanics like working on it (atleast ours does.) Passengers like it, the operating costs are great and the list of negatives are few. Biggest problem is getting one, although I have seen a few listed for sale since the down turn in the economy.

Feel free to PM me if you want specifics...

Great time to buy a used 300. Plenty to choose from on the resale market. Pax are happy with it.

Great domestic plane for all the reasons stated above but it is not an international aircraft. Lack of system redundancies and range. Galley is also minimal.

Latest resources

Back