CL-604 Da-2000Ex Perfomance question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HawkerF/O said:
It's a pretty safe assumption. The 2000EX has an EASy cockpit, so computing this data is not a stretch for this set-up. Lot's of FMSs can compute this data. Hawkers, Gs, and yes, Falcons all have the ability to do it (Model dependent). Production 50EXs and 900EXs can do it, as well as Honeywell NZ2Ks found in Hawkers and Gs. The new Hawkers have Collins Proline 21 in them, and they can do it as well. Even the straight F2th with the Collins Pro Line 4 are capable of performing these calculations. You must remember that even though the FMS might have the ability to do so, it might not be technologically capable. It depends on how up to date the performance software is. I think with Collins you need 4.0 or better and with Honeywell you need 5.8(?) maybe 6.0 or better.

Just a little correction.....Not all 2000EX's are EASy cockpits.

Not all 50ex's have the perf data available on the FMS

HawkerF/O said:
It's a pretty safe assumption. The 2000EX has an EASy cockpit, so computing this data is not a stretch for this set-up. Lot's of FMSs can compute this data. Hawkers, Gs, and yes, Falcons all have the ability to do it (Model dependent). Production 50EXs and 900EXs can do it, as well as Honeywell NZ2Ks found in Hawkers and Gs. The new Hawkers have Collins Proline 21 in them, and they can do it as well. Even the straight F2th with the Collins Pro Line 4 are capable of performing these calculations. You must remember that even though the FMS might have the ability to do so, it might not be technologically capable. It depends on how up to date the performance software is. I think with Collins you need 4.0 or better and with Honeywell you need 5.8(?) maybe 6.0 or better.

First of all, the first 28 or so 2000EX's were not EASy, they had the Collins package. Second, the 2000EASy's FMS will not computer performance data until Cert 3 (4Q06). 900EASy now has Cert 3 and does a great job with performance calculations.

HawkerF/O said:

Can you compute the second segment climb gradient on Honeywells EASy?

2000flyer said:
First of all, the first 28 or so 2000EX's were not EASy, they had the Collins package. Second, the 2000EASy's FMS will not computer performance data until Cert 3 (4Q06). 900EASy now has Cert 3 and does a great job with performance calculations.

Beat me to it! I guess JAA is draging their feet (suprise) on approving FMS performance data.

G4G5 said:
Not all 50ex's have the perf data available on the FMS
Like I mentioned in my post, it is a matter of software (if they are using Collins or Honeywell for FMSs). If they have updated their software they do have perf data. Current 50EXs do have that feature available.

Bandit60 said:
Just a little correction.....Not all 2000EX's are EASy cockpits.
My bad. You are right. I was so busy typing I meant to mention that but forgot. I think it was something like the 1st 30 had the Pro Line 4, which in itself is a great avionics suite. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Our straight 2000 does it, straight out of the factory.

I believe it started coming standard around serial number 120+/-.

Latest resources

Back