• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CL-30 Speculation?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No weight increase? What's the typical "full fuel" pax load? -4?

I do not know what our BOW is yet, but I have been told that they are all right around 24,000# and the MRamp is 39,k MTOW is 38,850 and the max fuel is 14,500. I am guessing that we might be a little more, only because of 3 life rafts and the larger bottle.

SF

No weight increase? What's the typical "full fuel" pax load? -4?

~3 is right. Our BOWs are all right around 24300. Full fuel is 14150. Flying within the CONUS you'll find it a rare day that you need to top it off. East-west transcons with a full boat have yet to be an issue.

If they add tanks for extra range, a MTOW increase is an absolute must. Entirely pointless otherwise. And if they increase MTOW, they'll have to increase MLW or add a fuel dump feature. Whatever they do, I'd go for a paper blessing for all these increases. On a side note, they now have a Link 2000+ solution ready. Cost depends on SN.

~3 is right. Our BOWs are all right around 24300. Full fuel is 14150. Flying within the CONUS you'll find it a rare day that you need to top it off. East-west transcons with a full boat have yet to be an issue.

Yeah, ours are sub 24K, but they are early SNs... And they aren't exactly full seats / full fuel kind of airplanes. They also go out of the CG envelope aft limit before they hit MGTOW if you're not careful. I'd imagine newer (heavier) airplanes don't have that particular problem though.

My point is that if our early SNs are only 4 pax + full fuel airplanes, what happens when they add all the "new" stuff and don't increase the weight? Just curious..

Spoke with writer from BC&A at NBAA who flew the G280. Said The 280 is the new benchmark for the supermid's. Just a supreme plane! A real Gulfstream in his words. The level of the block upgrade from Bombardier will depend on how well the 280 sales progress. However, if the CL300 is to remain the #1 supermid, it will need the Proline Fusion, auto throttles, more range, perhaps autobrakes and all the NextGen stuff.

Spoke with writer from BC&A at NBAA who flew the G280. Said The 280 is the new benchmark for the supermid's. Just a supreme plane! A real Gulfstream in his words. The level of the block upgrade from Bombardier will depend on how well the 280 sales progress. However, if the CL300 is to remain the #1 supermid, it will need the Proline Fusion, auto throttles, more range, perhaps autobrakes and all the NextGen stuff.

The dropped aisle is a big turnoff for many/most pax (not writers) as well as the lack of ramp presence relative to the CL300. Also with a 2-3 Million price delta, the owners often care more about the price than what's in the flight deck.

Heard something about the gear doors don't close all the way, design problem?

The dropped aisle is a big turnoff for many/most pax (not writers) as well as the lack of ramp presence relative to the CL300. Also with a 2-3 Million price delta, the owners often care more about the price than what's in the flight deck.

Expect the official announcement at EBACE.

Latest resources

Back