CKN Taco selected for Continental Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
punkpilot48 said:
How do you know if they are ER LR or XR's? Its just out curiosity. Hope ya'll stand strong.

The first statement put out by CAL in December listed the exact aircraft which would be removed and the removal from service dates. 44 XRs and the rest LRs

blueridge71 said:
This is not intended as flamebait, but is the contract for any more of XJ's aircraft coming up for renewal? This may not be over.
To my knowledge, the CPA does not allow for another replacement of XJT capacity until 2009, at which time up to 25% of the capacity could be out for bid. Essentially another 69 a/c. However, I believe there is a clause which could potentially allow cancellation of the whole CPA, provided the 12 months notice of intention is given, just as occurred in December 2005. Whether everyone else realizes this or not, this is the same in any CPA with a mainline carrier. You are never truly protected. What criteria have to be met to exercise such an option, I do not know. All I know is that everyone should stop referring to Express Jet as COEX, b/c that is clearly not the case come January 2007. COEX now means 2 names: XJT and CHQ. Its sad to see the change as CAL and XJT seemed to work very well together. XJT didn't make the choice though, so we now must do what everyone else is doing, fly for multiple carriers.

You are correct. I remember with ACA/DAL it was 6 month notice and I don't think that there had to be a specific reason. There were also triggers for automatic cancelation if completion factor or on time statistics fell below a certain point.

I have heard that Chataco is in danger of losing their DAL contract due to these type of triggers. I was curious as to what their statistics were, but their numbers aren't reported on the DOT website.

I believe that to be CAL's fundamental mistake. The salvation of the airline industry will not be in slashing costs and outsourcing to the lowest bidder, it will be in providing good customer service.

Look at companies that are successful such as Southwest and Jetblue. They may attract customers with low fares, but their fares aren't all that much lower than the legacies. And their choice of destinations is much more limited than the legacies. The big difference is that they provide much better customer service. They generate loyal customers who will go out of their way to fly with them.

I think that CAL just threw out their customer service to save a few bucks.

Stifler's Mom said:
If XJT takes the 69 airplanes with them, where will CHQ get 69 airframes to fly?

Latest I have heard is CHQ has just placed an order for 69 Cessna 172SPs which will replace the airplanes XJT will keep. This will ensure all the ERAU kids at CHQ will be comfortable in the left and right seat of this high performance aircraft....you heard it here first. Upgrades for everyone!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back