CKN Taco selected for Continental Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Plug said:
Wow, Chatauqua has turned into Mesa with Multiple Personalities. I wonder which one will do the the XJT flying? Chatauqua, Shuttle Craft, or Brickyard? Or maybe they'll create a new one like Carp, Lobster, Roach, or some other scum of the earth creature.

Since all flying is done by the lowest bidder, until the next bidder comes along. Would you not say that anyone doing express contracts were bottom dwellers? That is to say until they are underbid by someone else?

PGTB said:
Watch XJet get a deal with one of the current CHQ operators...say Delta...The Paint swappin continues.

Better yet, since NWA can't make a decision about the CRJ flying... Could easily reject another 69 CRJ leases and let XJET fly redtails...

Seriously, what is wrong with you all? A few folks hit it on the head, the PILOT group had nothing to do with it. Bryan Bedford, the guy that runs the ship, negotiated the deal. You can point to our CBA or whatever you want. MESA and TSA both work for less than us. The boss said he only wants 70+ seats. What can we do? You being dicks to us accomplishes nothing. You can whip out the wangs an measure, but we have some good things in our contract and you have some good things in your contract. Most of us are just trying to feed our families. Some of us just missed the gravy boat days at ML, and are trying to take care of our nest that we have been forced into. It doesn't matter because someone always has it worse and someone has it better. We all know it's just a matter of time until Colgan, commutair and great lakes start flying the same types as we operate now.

For those XJetters (I'm sure it's the minority) who call us whores, scabs, scumbags and what not, grow up. I've spent a lot of time at the IAH Holiday Inn and had quite a few beers with ya'll. Don't do the majority of your pilots a disservice and act like numb nuts. Also, I'll issue a challenge to you: this is your opportuity to show true leadership in the industry, maintain the contract. It will be tough, and your company may shrink, but you'll hold the line. Our union has already told our MGT to pound sand a couple times when they came to us asking for concessions...

Furthermore, what's up with all jets at mainline? Why not ALL flying at mainline?

Plug said:
Wow, Chatauqua has turned into Mesa with Multiple Personalities. I wonder which one will do the the XJT flying? Chatauqua, Shuttle Craft, or Brickyard? Or maybe they'll create a new one like Carp, Lobster, Roach, or some other scum of the earth creature.

ChickenTaco will. Thats what the press release said. CHQ isn't the parent company. Republic Hodings is.

all you guys forgot to buy ********************taco stock this morning, it went wild in early trading, RJET

kngarthur said:
One list!? When you're in the line at the grocery store that is a mile long, and a new line opens. Do you let everyone go in front of you?

Spoken like someone who has never spent years at a company waiting to upgrade, only to be furloughed and have to start all over again at year one pay. Do you have a family to support on $19,000 per year probationary pay?

BlueCanoe said:
For those XJetters (I'm sure it's the minority) who call us whores, scabs, scumbags and what not, grow up. I've spent a lot of time at the IAH Holiday Inn and had quite a few beers with ya'll. Don't do the majority of your pilots a disservice and act like numb nuts. Also, I'll issue a challenge to you: this is your opportuity to show true leadership in the industry, maintain the contract. It will be tough, and your company may shrink, but you'll hold the line. Our union has already told our MGT to pound sand a couple times when they came to us asking for concessions...

Furthermore, what's up with all jets at mainline? Why not ALL flying at mainline?

How do you expect for XJT pilots to respond? Your growth could result in 700 of our pilots being without jobs. What do you want us to say? Congratulations?

I'm not going to call you silly names because I believe that is juvenile and pointless. Regardless, I will hold you accountable to a certain extent since you ARE doing our jobs for less than us. That is just the reality of it.

Last edited:
SkyBoy1981 said:
Regardless, I will hold you accountable to a certain extent since you ARE doing our jobs for less than us.

Now hold on a second...

CHQ's contract was negotiated and signed in October of 2003 in a difficult post-9/11 (and post Mesa) environment, with the threat of a non-union alter ego taking their flying. It improved on every aspect of the previous contract, and included items such as no junior manning. XJT's contract was signed last year, with hourly payrates only a few percentage points higher than the 50 seat rates (I know about your better FO pay, workrules and trip rigs).

CHQ pilots took no concessions in order to sweeten this bid (that wasn't widely known of in pilot group) and yet you want to hold them "accountable to a certain extent" even though their contract is 2+ years older than your own? :confused:

The Expressjet guy I know says they don't have to give up the 69 ERJs, and may do something else with them, like some sort of a fractional flying deal. Where would CHQ get 69 more aircraft, besides if DL liquidates?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back