CKN Taco selected for Continental Express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
32LT10 said:
How is this "taking" jobs? The regional carriers gloated during the major airline downsizings and now that the major mgmnt. teams are picking on you guys it seems it is job pilfering. How is that? Are the CHQ pilots not doing exactly wha t the pilots at the other regionals have done in the past? Just last time the flying was taken it was from a mainline pilot and yet that was cool?

None of us "regional" pilots wanted your flying!

What we wanted is for you guys to grow a sack and secure your flying through scope so that we too could fly for a "Major" one day!!!!

Thanks for nothing man!

WolfManPack said:
None of us "regional" pilots wanted your flying!

What we wanted is for you guys to grow a sack and secure your flying through scope so that we too could fly for a "Major" one day!!!!

Thanks for nothing man!

oh snap

32LT10 said:
How is this "taking" jobs? The regional carriers gloated during the major airline downsizings and now that the major mgmnt. teams are picking on you guys it seems it is job pilfering. How is that? Are the CHQ pilots not doing exactly wha t the pilots at the other regionals have done in the past? Just last time the flying was taken it was from a mainline pilot and yet that was cool?

Hey, all I wanted to do is give a little stock tip for the hair gel companies... :)

I never wanted to take any mainline flying. That is why I like the ATR! All jets should be at mainline IMHO.

32LT10 said:

I think you're wrong here. What you had was a small handful of snot-nosed pilots who thought it was cool/funny/whatever to get mainline flying. Notice I said "get" --- no one took anything from you guys because you gave it away. And the vast majority of regional pilots (at least the ones who actually understand scope) didn't want that flying.

And just so there is no misunderstanding: it's never cool when ANYONE loses flying. Period.

blueridge71 said:
This sucks for Xjet. Sorry guys. I've been there.

Now the furloughed XJet guys get to go look for a new job. Guess who's hiring? Chickentaco! So they lose their seniority and start over at the bottom. Chickentaco gets cheap labor and CAL get a cheap regional.

STOP THE MADNESS! ONE LIST NOW!

One list!? When you're in the line at the grocery store that is a mile long, and a new line opens. Do you let everyone go in front of you?

Not just a river in Egypt

foreverfo said:
Yep, you're management is up there with Mesa's...how does it feelto win a bid over Mesa??? That's not even a fair question as CAL would never allow JO back on property. Hope you have a good product and good luck in the crew rooms if it comes to that....have to wait until 9/28 for anything official though.

Good luck in the crewroom? Are there going to be UFC battles between ExpressJet1 and ExpressJet2? I can understand the bitterness, but at least CHQ has similar work rules and bennies to your own. So if Delta offered ExpressJet regional work, you're saying XJET should turn it down? That isn't realistic. If you are waiting for 9/28, you are in serious denial.

Paris said:
Good luck in the crewroom? Are there going to be UFC battles between ExpressJet1 and ExpressJet2? I can understand the bitterness, but at least CHQ has similar work rules and bennies to your own. So if Delta offered ExpressJet regional work, you're saying XJET should turn it down? That isn't realistic. If you are waiting for 9/28, you are in serious denial.

Ummm ya, look at the contract again pal. The pay rates might be close, But FO's can make more than 35$ hr. But our real money is in the work rules. Say, hows your vacation?

JetLinkin Park said:
If so, I want that Brandon Cox kid. I would love a little octagon time with him!

Ditto. Wonder if he has to pay all of those girls to pose in the pics next to him? Love the ones in front of the porta potties at the carolina cup.

What an ass.

CHQ has 2 EPs 978 and 979RP. At a time we had 5 MPs there is atleast 2 still out there.

979RP is for sale.

Just to clarify

Latest resources

Back