• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationShares Interview Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats on the job FMS! I have my on-site interview in a couple of weeks - hopefully I will be joining you soon. I am really looking forward to leaving the airline industry in my rearview mirror.

My stats:

8,000 tt
7,000 ME turbine
1,700 PIC (1,000 turbine)
ATP w/ A320, B757, B767, CL-65 and DC9 types

Congrats on the job FMS! I have my on-site interview in a couple of weeks - hopefully I will be joining you soon. I am really looking forward to leaving the airline industry in my rearview mirror.

My stats:

8,000 tt
7,000 ME turbine
1,700 PIC (1,000 turbine)
ATP w/ A320, B757, B767, CL-65 and DC9 types

Good quals for sure... but don't let that alone get you confident... The guy they turned away with my group of 2 had 10000+, Corporate Lears, TWA 757/767, American and Comair Academy on his resume.. nice guy, tall and good looking... not sure why he wasn't hired..

PM me your phone or email and I can give you the latest gouge and some personal insight..

My best friend is about to get the boot at UAL (he's 550ish on the list) but poor guy only has 400 PIC turbine and they require 500 PIC Jet/turbine hard!

My best friend is about to get the boot at UAL (he's 550ish on the list) but poor guy only has 400 PIC turbine and they require 500 PIC Jet/turbine hard!

yup. that's a new requirement. i'm short on the pic as well, but have 6 years experience at another frac (flops).

I was a little floored to say the least especially I've seen it all already, and catered to the richest people in the world, and i'm not qualified. I repeat, 6 yrs at flight options! He said thanks but not thanks on the phone.

Does anyone know when this PIC requirement changed? Has it been in recent days?

Sometime whithin the last year. I'm terribly sorry this requirement is keeping so many of you on the sideline.
Next time I chat with my ACP I'll pass on your general quals. If he has a good answer to a no good policy I'll report back. Beyond that, good luck!

yup. that's a new requirement. i'm short on the pic as well, but have 6 years experience at another frac (flops).

I was a little floored to say the least especially I've seen it all already, and catered to the richest people in the world, and i'm not qualified. I repeat, 6 yrs at flight options! He said thanks but not thanks on the phone.

Sure looks like the typical arbitrary aviation BS to me. It actually reflects pretty poorly on their management. Who cares about T PIC when you are a turnkey candidate like that. Amateurs!

Sure looks like the typical arbitrary aviation BS to me. It actually reflects pretty poorly on their management. Who cares about T PIC when you are a turnkey candidate like that. Amateurs!

I completely understand your pain but there has to be some standard. What if the requirement was 100 hours PIC. Then those with 50 hours PIC would be complaining the same. I would reapply. I know guys that were hired that haven't flown in two years. I bet if you are someone they want to hire, the PIC thing would not be an issue, if you have good experiance.

Sometime whithin the last year. I'm terribly sorry this requirement is keeping so many of you on the sideline.
Next time I chat with my ACP I'll pass on your general quals. If he has a good answer to a no good policy I'll report back. Beyond that, good luck!

The answer is "because they can." When the supply of available pilots increases relative to the number of available slots, usually the first thing that they do to start weeding out guys is to increase the Turbine PIC requirement.

I was hired with vastly less than 500 TPIC when they were struggling to fill classes.

Latest resources

Back