• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir & XO Jet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait until Cessna gets a look at CitationAir's charter expense during the next quarter. Bye, bye BS, PM, JO...Doh!!

Last edited:
Actually just the opposite -- they could make $$. If you have a CA card and the flight is 3+ hours, XOJet charges less for the charter to someone off the street.

Actually just the opposite -- they could make $$. If you have a CA card and the flight is 3+ hours, XOJet charges less for the charter to someone off the street.

It's still a LOT more than CA's internal cost, probably by a factor of 8-10. I've been told XO Jet is turning people away. Why would they want to do charter for CA?

I see a lot of XO jets around. Most of them are sitting on the ramp with covers on.

I guess you are implying we don't fly much. Couldn't be further from the truth. I just came off a rotation of 12 days and I flew every day with an additional 55 hours in the logbook at the end of it. This rotation was not an exception to the norm.

Does our airplanes sit on the ramp every now and then? Of course, what operation flying biz jets doesn't have airplanes sitting on the ground at some point? The last few months our company fleet has averaged 100+ hrs per airplane, the X with even higher averages.

I see a lot of XO jets around. Most of them are sitting on the ramp with covers on.

Well we do get at least 10 hours of rest per day, so perhaps that s when you are noticing our idle planes. I'm on the ground now for 18 hours in LAS, but have 7+44 of flight time scheduled today, all of which is occupied (meaning: paid for) except for an 8 minute repo leg. So I guess I'm not sure what you are saying? Check out flight aware next time you see an idle plane...my guess is that it hasn't been sitting long.

And as FZM said, this is pretty much normal.

Taxi out to rwy 29 in OAK @0300 and you could say the same thing about Southwest...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back