• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CitationAir How Much Longer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And the new union plays what role in all this......so quiet.

Please explain how the union had anything to do with this. There wasn't even a CBA negotiated yet. Are you infering the mere threat of a contract caused this implosion? Blame may make you feel better, but it won't help those about to hit the streets. For those folks, you have my best wishes for a smooth and rapid recovery. Been there, done that, just like most in this "troublesome" industry.

Although the news was a shock, I don't think it's a dire as it's being made out to be. But then again, I am a hopeless romantic.

Although the news was a shock, I don't think it's a dire as it's being made out to be. But then again, I am a hopeless romantic.

Ah, the perspective of someone senior enough to not be affected by this, at least in the short term.

It's not the case of being affected or not. I'm reading in other posts where Cessna plans on shutting CA down completely, in that case, we're all going to go. I just find that pretty hard to believe.

And the new union plays what role in all this......so quiet.

WELL HERE IS THE UNION POSITION.....THERE ARE TWO PARTS TO LOOK FOR IN THIS DOCUMENT. THE FIRST IS THE PART ABOUT THE NEGOTIATORS GETTING AN LOA ON FURLOUGH AND THE ABSOLUTE BEST PART IS NO MATTER WHAT YOU DON'T STOP PAYING YOUR DUES EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW YOUR GONNA BE OUTTA HERE.......AFTER ALL THE IBT NEEDS YOUR 80 bucks a month more than your family does..... Never mind the fact that any loa is useless with a DAMN CONTRACT and the IBT is at least 2 years away from having a contract..... My advice to numbers 100 and down....stop PAYING ANYMORE DUES YOU HAVE NO CONTRACT AND WILL NOT HAVE ONE BEFORE YOU ARE OFF PROPERTY...Read on

Fellow CitationAir Pilots,

The members of the MEC are aware of the many rumors and unanswered questions floating about among our fellow pilots resulting from management’s recent decision and announcement regarding the fractional portion of the company’s business.***** While there have been a number of communications between your Union’s leadership and management over the past several days regarding the announced changes, we have only received the same general information that Mr. S reported in his message to all employees last evening.***** Consequently, at this point in time we have very few answers to your many questions.*****

Once management solidifies its plans and makes further announcements, we will help decipher that information and respond accordingly.***** In the meantime, we ask that you fly safely, efficiently and provide the best customer service you can.***** Please do not feed on rumors; contact one of us if you hear anything that seems inconsistent with either management’s or the Union’s formal communications.

Your Union’s Negotiating Committee is in the process of drafting a proposed Furlough Letter of Agreement (LOA) for presentation to management at the next bargaining session, which is scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday of next week.***** The purpose of this LOA will be to secure the rights of affected pilots, should furloughs occur, and to identify and quantify certain benefits and payments that are customary with such a reduction in force
.*****

We know the most junior among us will be affected the greatest, should a reduction in the pilot force be announced by management.***** However, there will also be an unmistakable domino affect rippling through the entire seniority list should a furlough occur.***** Consequently, we appeal to each and every pilot, regardless of where your number appears on the seniority list, to continue to support your Union and pay your dues.***** It is only with a demonstrable level of continuing support that your negotiators will have the required influence to secure the best Furlough LOA possible.***** It would be penny-wise and pound foolish to quit paying dues because you may be facing a potential furlough or downgrade.***** The types of long-term rights and benefits that a properly crafted Furlough LOA provides are considerably larger and more important than you might achieve through the short-term savings of a few dues dollars with resultant loss of union membership
.*****

It is now more important than ever to stand together to support your Union and each other.***** We will provide further information as it is made available to us.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back